Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
Facts about Results.searchlock.com
There are hundreds even thousands of browser hijacker type of malware, but the one named searchlock that redirects your searches to Results.searchlock.com is widely spread over the Internet. There are as well countless computer users got infected with this hijacker infection and are struggling to get rid of this from their personal computers. Usually, users may consider Results.searchlock.com as a search provider that provides the helpful search service just like as Bing, Yahoo or Google. But in reality, the Results.searchlock.com is an internet browser hijacker that can potentially harm your PC system if not removed immediately. Typically, the browser hijacker usually modify users’ browser settings such as the home page, newtab page and search engine by default to its own without any permission of the victim’s knowledge.
It is definitely a malicious software that may change to current settings of all your typical web-browsers on Results.searchlock.com commonly affects only Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge. But possibly that any other browsers will be affected as well. The Results.searchlock.com browser hijacker mainly alter the Target property of internet browser’s shortcuts, so technically every time you launch the internet browser, instead of your home page, you will see a completely different web page.
If your personal computer has been infected with Results.searchlock.com browser hijacker infection, every time you start your web-browser you will see an unwanted web site. Of course you can setup your startpage again, but next time you run a web-browser you will see that searchlock.com return. As mentioned above, the browser hijacker can modify the default search provider on this undesired web-site too, so all your search queries will be rerouted to Results.searchlock.com. Thus the authors of the hijacker can collect the search terms of your queries, and reroute you to annoying web pages.
The Results.searchlock.com hijacker is not a virus, however it does bad things too, and it alters browsers settings. Also a great possibility that an adware or the so called ‘ad-supported’ software can be additionally installed bundled on to your computer with this browser hijacker infection, which will showcase a large number of ads, or even massive full page advertisements that can hinder and annoys surfing experience and can as well slow down t the Internet. More often, these ads usually recommend to install other unknown and unwanted programs or visit malicious web sites.
Elimination of Results.searchlock.com from computer
The Results.searchlock.com is a hijacker infection that might be difficult in uninstall from your personal computer. Luckily, you have found the effective removal tutorial right here. Both the manual removal solution and the automatic removal way will be provided below and all you have to do is just choose the one that best for you.
How to remove Results.searchlock.com from your PC
- Tap Alt+Tab on your keyboard and select Desktop.
- Right-click your Task Bar.
- Select Start Task Manager.
- Select the malicious task and click End Process. Keep in mind that the name of this files is random.
- Remove the following files that are located on your Desktop:
c) Hello There! Fellow @searchlock User!.txt.
- Open the File Explorer.
- Delete a malicious file called msceInter.exe in the following folders:
a) C:\ProgramData\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
b) C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
c) C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
d) C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- Navigate to C:\Users\[your username]\Downloads.
- Right-click a file called killsw32c.dll and then select Delete.
- Right-click your Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin.
How to automatically remove Results.searchlock.com hijacker infection
Many antivirus companies have made programs that allow detect and remove hijacker, and thereby return installed web-browsers settings. Below is a a few of the free applications you may want to run. Your PC system may have lots of potentially unwanted programs, ad-supported software and browser hijackers installed at the same time, so we recommend, if any unwanted or harmful application returns after rebooting the personal computer, then boot your computer into Safe Mode and use the anti-malware tool once again.
These instructions indicate how to get rid of Results.searchlock.com automatically. The instructions need to be applied on the infected computer.
- Turn the infected computer on. If it is turned on, restart it.
- When BIOS screen disappears after the reboot, tap F8 key repeatedly. Advanced Options menu will show up. If Windows logo appears, reboot the PC and try pressing F8 again.
- When you access Advanced Options menu, use arrow keys to navigate and choose Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter to access the mode.
4. Wait for Windows to load Safe Mode with Networking.
5. Press and hold the Windows key and then press R key.
6. If you have pressed both keys correctly, Windows Run Box will pop up.
7. Type the following into the Open box:
*Note, that there has to be a single space gap in between iexplore and http. Click OK.
8. Internet Explorer will open and a download dialog bar will appear at the bottom of your screen. Click Run to begin the installation automatically once SpyRemover Pro is downloaded.
9. Click OK if your system asks whether you want to run SpyRemover Pro software.
10. Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
11. Once all the malicious infections are detected, click Fix Threats. SpyRemover Pro will ask you to register the software.
12. By registering SpyRemover Pro you will also be able to protect your computer from other potential threats. Once you have registered the program, the malware will be removed. Reboot your PC to fully implement the malware removal procedure.
It is essentially important to take note and resist in using the Results.searchlock.com web-site and do not click on advertisements placed on it, because as discussed above that it may lead you to a more malicious or misleading web-pages. The smart way to prevent such infection is to invest into quality and professional anti-malware tools to guard your PC from future infections and threats, and the best option is to follow the tutorial given to free your computer of hijacker and other forms of malware, remove the Results.searchlock.com , and thereby restore your favorite homepage and search engine.