Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Comcast Cable Warning Alert? And how does it work?
Comcast Cable Warning Alert is a fake alert that has nothing to do with Comcast at all. This tech support scam is similar to many other scams that aim to trick users into thinking that there is some malicious spyware/riskware detected in their PCs and that their sensitive data is being stolen at that very moment and that users must call what’s supposed to be a tech support number (+1 (866) 475-7161) immediately. If you are one of the users who have fallen victim to this tech support scam, worry not for nothing is really wrong with your computer with the exception that it could be infected with an ad-supported program or adware which is the common cause for tech support scams.
When you encounter the Comcast Cable Warning Alert scam, your browser will display the following pop-up message:
“Comcast Cable Warning Alert
Malicious Spyware/Riskware Detected
Please call us immediately at: +1 (866) 475-7161
Do not ignore this critical alert.
If you close this page, your computer access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network.
Your computer has alerted us that it has been infected with a Spyware and risk ware. The following information is being stolen…
Credit Card Details
Email Account Logins
Photos stored on this computer
You must contact us immediately so that our expert engineers can walk you through the removal process over the phone to protect your identity.
Please call us within the next 5 minutes to prevent your computer from being disabled to from any information loss.
Toll Free: +1(866) 475-7161”
You should know better than to fall for this bogus alert. The moment you contact the fake tech support number, you might as well be handing over your money to the crooks behind the Comcast Cable Warning Alert scam as the fake tech support will most likely charge you for a completely unnecessary service. The best way to deal with this tech support scam as soon as you see it is by simply closing the tab of the browser where it is being displayed or by closing the browser itself. However, if you find you find it hard to close your browser, you can just end its process using the Task Manager. Note that this is only a temporary fix because if the root cause of the bogus alert is an adware, you need to find that ad-supported program and uninstall it so that you will no longer have to deal with the likes of Comcast Cable Warning Alert.
How does Comcast Cable Warning Alert scam travel the web?
You can be rerouted to a site hosting the Comcast Cable Warning Alert scam when you click on ads over the web. However, just as mentioned earlier, tech support scams can also be caused by adware programs more often than not. In other words, adware programs not only deliver dozens of ads but it also triggers tech support scams like Comcast Cable Warning Alert.
If you want to browse the web peacefully, you have to delete the Comcast Cable Warning Alert scam using the following steps:
Step 1: Press the F11 key if your browser is forced into full screen caused by the Comcast Cable Warning Alert scam.
Step 2: After that, try to close the browser manually. If you find it hard to do so, close the browser through the Task Manager.
Step 3: Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to launch the Task Manager.
Step 4: Once you’ve pulled up the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it by clicking End Task or End Process.
Step 5: Close the Task Manager and tap the Win + R keys to open Run and then type in appwiz.cpl to open Control Panel to uninstall the adware program behind the fake alert.
Step 6: Look for the adware program or any unfamiliar program under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 7: Close the Control Panel and tap the Win + E keys to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for the adware installer like the software bundle it came with as well as other suspicious files and delete them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer and empty your Recycle Bin.
Step 10: Reset all your browsers to default.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for suspicious browser extensions or any unwanted add-on, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
To make sure Comcast Cable Warning Alert is completely eliminated as well as the adware program behind it, follow the advanced steps below:
Perform a full system scan using Advanced System Repair Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, http://advancedsystemrepair.com/ASR_Installation.exein the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download Advanced System Repair Pro. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run Advanced System Repair Pro to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now”button.