Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
Every time the Microsoft Edge browser gets an update, it usually displays a Welcome Page the first time you open it right after you have it updated. If you’d like to cut to the chase and rather not see the Welcome Page, you definitely have the option to do so by using either the Group Policy Editor or the Windows Registry. To do so, follow each instruction below.
Option #1 – Using the Local Group Policy Editor
This is the easiest way for both the Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise. Refer to the following steps to know how.
- Launch Run by tapping both Win + R keys.
- After that, type in msc in the box and then tap Enter to open Local Group Policy Editor.
- Afterwards, proceed to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Edge.
- Double click on the Prevent First Run from opening on Microsoft Edge You will see the following message. Click the Enable button.
“This policy setting lets you decide whether employees see Microsoft’s First Run webpage when opening Microsoft Edge for the first time. If you enable this setting, employees won’t see the First Run page when opening Microsoft Edge for the first time. If you disable or don’t configure this setting, employees will see the First Run page when opening Microsoft Edge for the first time.”
- Finally, click the Apply and Okay buttons.
In case you want to undo the changes you’ve made, repeat all the steps until step 4 and then click on the Not Configured option.
Option #2 – Using the Registry Editor
If you have the version of Windows 10 that does not have the Group Policy Editor, you can use an alternative method which is through the Registry Editor to still get the job done. Keep in mind that you have to be really careful in making registry adjustments for a lot could go wrong if you make any single mistake. And before you make any modifications, make sure that you create a backup copy of everything by exporting them. So now that precautions are covered, carefully follow the steps below.
- Tap both the Win + R keys to launch the Run command.
- After that, type inn regedit and then click OK or press Enter o open the Registry Editor.
- Look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\.
- Once you’ve found it, right click on the folder named Microsoft and go to “New” and then select “Key”.
- And then name it MicrosoftEdge. Right click on the newly created folder.
- And once again, go to “New” and click “Key”. Name the new key Main.
- Right click on Main and then go to “New”.
- Afterwards, click the option DWORD (32-bit value) and name it as PreventFirstRunPage.
- Double click on the DWORD option and change the value from 0 to 1 and then click OK.
Once again, in case you want to undo the changes made, just right click on the MicrosoftEdge folder and delete it.
If you are experiencing some complicated computer problems, such as corrupted registries or slow PC performance, you can try a one-click solution in the form of PC Cleaner Pro. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch PC Cleaner Pro.
- Run PC Cleaner Pro and click the Click to Start Scan button to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click FIX ALL.