Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar? And how does it work?
OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar is a browser toolbar that allegedly allows users to edit a number of documents online. It offers users several kinds of formats such as excel, presentation, documents. Aside from that, it also allows users to convert PDF files and to navigate recently opened files. Users can also send emails and go to Facebook using this extension. However, it may seem useful, you have to be careful as it is not tagged as a browser hijacker and a PUP for nothing.
Upon installation, OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar will modify the default settings in a browser like the default homepage, new tab page and search engine. It could also install add-ons, other dubious browser extensions, and toolbars in your browser. Because of this, you might experience constant redirects to unknown websites that you know nothing about. Such trait is common on browser hijackers like OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar. Aside from that, it also tracks and monitors your browsing activities in order to obtain your browsing-related information such as your search queries, browser type, source of traffic acquisition, IP address, browsing history, websites you visit frequently and many more. The harvested data is used by crooks to produce more browsing related contents. What’s more is that the collected data might also be shared with its affiliated websites. This clearly shows that OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar is not safe to use and is definitely a threat to your privacy. Moreover, it also has a tendency to deliver you ads like pop-ups, banners, in-text links. Some of which could redirect you to harmful websites that could potentially harm your computer.
How is OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar distributed over the web?
OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar is disseminated over the web using several distribution techniques but its developers commonly used software bundling. In this method, OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar is added as one of the extra programs in software bundles that are offered on free sharing sites. If you don’t want pesky browser hijackers and other unwanted programs like OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar from infecting your browser and computer, it’s best if you use the recommended Advanced or Custom setup when installing software bundles as it allows you to get rid of any extra programs added in the package before you proceed with the installation.
To delete OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar from your browser and computer, make sure to follow the removal guide provided below.
Step 1: You need to close the browser infected with the browser hijacker. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step 3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain OnlineWorkSuite Toolbar.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 7: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the browser hijacker such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of this browser hijacker from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.