Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Quickgosearch.com? And how does it work?
Quickgosearch.com is promoted as a search engine that allegedly allows users to search words with regular expressions. It has options to search the web in images, videos, news and map. It has a plain homepage and it may appear as a legitimate search engine but it’s actually not. It is a browser hijacker in disguise, as well as a potentially unwanted program.
Once installed, Quickgosearch.com will make some alterations with the default settings of the browser such as the homepage, search engine and new tab URL. It affects several browsers like Opera, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and more. It might seem like a useful search engine but when you try to search for any query using it, it will only give you modified search results. Most of the contents it displays in the search results page are sponsored ones from its affiliated sites. Clearly, the search results provided by this bogus search engine are unreliable ones. In fact some of them could reroute you to suspicious web pages that might have harmful content. In addition, this browser hijacker also keeps an eye on all your activities on the internet so it can collect information which includes your search queries, websites visited, ads clicked, browsing history and many more. The information collected will be then used to generate more personalized and customized contents to lure you into clicking them. This kind of tactic is called pay-per-click commonly used by developers of browser hijackers in order to gain profit.
As you can see, there is really nothing useful about Quickgosearch.com and if you want to keep browsing the web without all the pesky ads and potential threats, you have to remove Quickgosearch.com right away.
How is Quickgosearch.com distributed over the web?
Quickgosearch.com is distributed using a common technique called software bundling where tons of free programs are being bundled up in a single package. But there’s a catch – not all programs in software bundles are safe and can be trusted. In fact, the extra programs are hidden unless you select the Advanced or Custom setup before the installation so you need to select the aforementioned setup instead of the quick one if you want to spare your computer of a browser hijacker and potentially unwanted program like Quickgosearch.com.
To successfully erase Quickgosearch.com from your computer, refer to the removal guide laid out below.
Step 1: First, you have to close the browser infected with the browser hijacker. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right-click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step 3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to Quickgosearch.com or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 6: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Quickgosearch.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 7: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the browser hijacker such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of this browser hijacker from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.