Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Searchingresult.com? And how does it work?
Searchingresult.com is promoted as a search engine that allegedly provides its users with high-experience browsing. Unfortunately, it’s nothing but a ploy to get users install it on their browsers. This plain-looking search engine is actually a browser hijacker and a PUP in disguise.
Although it seem like a legitimate search engine, if you install the Searchingresult.com search engine, there will be several changes made to your browser’s settings as it will set its domain as the default search engine and will start to control your browsing sessions. This is why it is categorized as a browser hijacker and a PUP.
The next time you use your browser you will now see Searchingresult.com as its search provider. However, the search results provided can’t be trusted as they are modified. Meaning to say, in the search results page, it injects tons of sponsored content which includes in-text links, banners, pop-ups, and many more. Some of these ads can reroute you to suspicious websites so you need to be cautious in browsing the internet. Aside from redirects, you will also encounter misleading ads that could redirect you to suspicious websites that might contain harmful content. Moreover, like a typical browser hijacker, Searchingresult.com also monitors all your browsing activities in order to collect browsing information like:
- Search queries and all related search data
- Browser type
- Email address
- Device-specific data (hardware model and operating system)
- Data about crashes, system activity, hardware settings and browser language
- Date and time of query request and referral URL
- IP address
- Source of traffic acquisition
- Your geographic location
- Domain name of your Internet Search Provider (ISP)
These harvested data are then used to produce more targeted and customized ads to increase the profit of the developers of this browser hijacker. As you can see, there is nothing useful about Searchingresult.com and besides there are other trusted and legitimate search engines you can use and the sooner you delete this unwanted program from your computer, the better.
How is Searchingresult.com disseminated over the web?
This browser hijacker is distributed using a common technique called software bundling where tons of free programs are being bundled up in a single package. But there’s a catch – not all programs in software bundles are safe and can be trusted. In fact, the extra programs are hidden unless you select the Advanced or Custom setup before the installation so you need to select the aforementioned setup instead of the quick one if you want to spare your computer of a browser hijacker and potentially unwanted program like Searchingresult.com.
Erase Searchingresult.com from your browser and computer by following the removal instructions prepared below.
Step 1: Start by closing all the affected browsers and if you can’t manually close them try to open the Task Manager by simply pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the browsers’ processes or any dubious processes that could be related to Searchingresult.com and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: After that, open the Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: Look for Searchingresult.com and any other suspicious program that could be related to it and then Uninstall it.
Step 5: Next, edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Searchingresult.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Searchingresult.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Searchingresult.com and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer and then empty the Recycle Bin.
Step 10: Afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Searchingresult.com using Restoro as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.