Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Sendspace Pop-up? And how does it work?
Sendspace Pop-up often bombard its users with constant redirects as well as the constant popping up of ads which will eventually cause your PC to slow down and only covers the content of every website you visit. Not to mention the fact that its search engine does not even provide accurate results so it’s really unreliable. This adware also has the ability to track not just your search queries but also your browsing history, websites you’ve frequently visit, your IP address and other information. As a result, you will be bombarded with even more interest-based ads every time you browse the web.
Security experts also warned users that Sendspace Pop-up might deliver suspicious ads such as an ad promoting a bogus Google Chrome software which might actually be a malicious software while other ads might reroute you to domains that are suggesting products or services which could be unreliable. That’s why you’ve got to be careful when until you remove this extension from your browser.
How does Sendspace Pop-up circulate the web?
Sendspace Pop-up circulates the web via advertisements. Security experts noticed that this shady website used tons of suspicious ads and other advertising techniques just to get users to visit Sendspace Pop-up. On the other hand, you can also end up visiting this site inadvertently especially if there’s an adware program installed in your computer that’s causing such redirects. Adware programs like Sendspace Pop-up are distributed using software bundles. Thus, it could infiltrate your computer even without your permission. To avoid such unwanted installation of PUPs, you need to opt for the Advanced or Custom setup whenever you install a program from a software bundle.
Erase the Sendspace Pop-up from your browsers and computer as well as the adware program that triggers it with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step 1: First, you need to close all the browsers affected by Sendspace Pop-up. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Sendspace Pop-up and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Sendspace Pop-up and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain “Sendspace”.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Sendspace Pop-up as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Sendspace Pop-up using Advanced System Repair as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.