Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Bigcoin.io Casino Ads? And how does it work?
Bigcoin.io is a shady website that often bombards browsers with tons of ads. It supposedly allows users to get updates on “the next big thing in crypto” by signing up to the website. However, this site can’t be trusted, not only it has an unsecure domain but it also has the ability to inject browsers with various sponsored contents. Thus, it does not come as a surprise that security experts tagged this website as adware and a potentially unwanted program. In fact, it’s mostly known as Bigcoin.io Casino Ads due to the amount of ads it generates.
Bigcoin.io Casino Ads is not to be trusted as some of the ads it displays can get pretty intrusive and could definitely diminish your browsing experience. It isn’t hard to figure out that the main goal of this dubious domain is to gain revenue by causing internet traffic. It also doesn’t help that it can also track your activities online so it can gather information like your browsing history, ads you’ve clicked, websites you’ve visited, OS version and other related information to your browsing habits. To simply put it, Bigcoin.io Casino Ads won’t do any good for your privacy and might even cause issues instead. This is why it is considered to be an adware and a potentially unwanted program.
If you keep seeing Bigcoin.io Casino Ads regularly, this only means that there is some adware installed in your computer. Though adware is not dangerous, and does not cause direct damage to the system, it still could still cause some issues mainly concerning your privacy. Thus, you need to get rid of Bigcoin.io Casino Ads before it’s too late.
How does Bigcoin.io Casino Ads travel the web?
This adware spreads using the most common distribution method for similar threats which is via freeware and shareware. Bigcoin.io Casino Ads is added as a part of the extra components attached in this kind of software package. To avoid installing unwanted programs like Bigcoin.io Casino Ads, you need to select the Custom or Advanced setup before you start installing any freeware or shareware. Once you select this recommended setup, you will have the option to remove any optional components added in the package so that they won’t also get installed along with the main program of the package.
Follow the removal guide laid out below to erase Bigcoin.io Casino Ads from your browser and computer as well as the ad-supported program that triggers it.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected with Bigcoin.io Casino Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Bigcoin.io Casino Ads and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Bigcoin.io Casino Ads and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Bigcoin.io.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Bigcoin.io Casino Ads as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Bigcoin.io Casino Ads using Advanced System Repair as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.