Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Right Coupon Pop-up Ads? And how does it work?
Right Coupon Pop-up Ads is the term used to describe a series of pop-up advertisements by Right Coupon. Beware though as these ads can’t be trusted and chances are when you click on them, you’ll get redirected to a shady website. Due to the number of ads Right Coupon displays, it is dubbed as Right Coupon Pop-up Ads and is categorized as an ad-supported program and a PUP.
As soon as Right Coupon Pop-up Ads infiltrates your computer, it will make modifications in the system, specifically by changing the default settings of the browsers in the computer. These changes affect the default home page, new tab URL and even the search provider. In most cases, Right Coupon Pop-up Ads drops add-ons on Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and other browsers. So when users browse the web they’ll start seeing a bunch of ads that mostly consist of discounts, coupons, offers and deals in the online shopping website. According to researchers, the main goal of this ad-supported program is to lure users into downloading and installing highly suspicious toolbars and other products they claim to be “handy” so that developers of Right Coupon Pop-up Ads can increase their revenue – no wonder it is categorized both as an adware and a potentially unwanted program.
You have to be careful though – some of these ads can be quite misleading in a way that it redirects you to websites that are suspicious such as phishing websites that will try to obtain your personal information in the guise of a survey. Thus, Right Coupon Pop-up Ads can’t be trusted and could only lead you to potential security and privacy issues if you keep it installed in your computer.
How do Right Coupon Pop-up Ads circulate the web?
Right Coupon Pop-up Ads is hidden among the optional components in a freeware or shareware package. In other words, it circulates online and gets installed in an unknowing user’s PC through software bundles. Right Coupon Pop-up Ads is one among the optional components in a free software package you can normally find on free sharing sites. To avoid suspicious programs like this, make sure that when you install any freeware or shareware, you do so through Custom or Advanced installation setup.
Erase Right Coupon Pop-up Ads from your browsers and computer as well as the adware program that triggers it with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected by Right Coupon Pop-up Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Right Coupon Pop-up Ads and then right-click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Right Coupon Pop-up Ads and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Right Coupon Pop-up Ads.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Right Coupon Pop-up Ads as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterward, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Right Coupon Pop-up Ads using Advanced System Repair as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.