Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Putlocker Ads? And how does it function?
Putlocker Ads is the term used to call a fake website that imitates the original Putlocker website that offers uses different TV series and shows as well as movies. This Putlocker copycat is designed to generate tons of advertisements such as banners, in-text links, and pop-ups. If you keep experiencing redirects to Putlocker Ads, then this only means that there is an ad-supported program related to this site that’s causing these redirects.
If you visit or when you get redirected to this dubious website, it will only assault your computer with tons of advertisements like banners, pop-ups, and many more. It could also cause sudden redirects to suspicious parts of the web. Some of the ads it displays can’t even be trusted and could redirect you to a completely different web page than the one that’s on the ads. What’s more is that Putlocker Ads also monitors its users’ activities over the web in order to obtain information such as search queries, browsing the history, websites frequently visited, ads clicked, and many more. The data obtained is then used and even be shared with the affiliated sites of this adware to bring in more ads. So if you want to resume seamless browsing, you have to remove this adware from your computer immediately.
How do Putlocker Ads travel the web?
Putlocker Ads, along with other unwanted programs and adware are distributed among software bundles that are commonly found on free sharing sites. This means that this program can get installed in your computer without your permission if you’re not careful enough in installing this kind of software package. To prevent the unwanted installation of programs like Qogotte.com, you need to use the Custom or Advanced installation mode instead of the quick or standard one. It would also be better if you stir clear of suspicious and third party sources to obtain freeware and shareware as crooks often use them to spread malware.
Follow the removal guide laid out below to remove Putlocker Ads from your browser and computer as well as the ad-supported program that triggers it.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected with Putlocker Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Putlocker Ads and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Putlocker Ads and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Putlocker Ads.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Putlocker Ads as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Putlocker Ads using Advanced System Repair as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.