Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Ratenwilbet.info Redirect? And how does it work?
Ratenwilbet.info is a questionable and unsecure website which displays a “Confirm notifications” message and urges you to click on the Allow button. This pop-up can get quite persistent as it will follow you no matter what website you go to. And once you click on the Allow button, you will start seeing tons of unwanted advertisements – from pop-ups, banners to in-text links and many more.
- The sites you visit.
- What you type while on your browser.
- The places you click on.
- Your online browsing history and bookmarks.
- Your search history on Google.
- Your downloaded files.
- Saved passwords and logins on your browser.
- Saved financial information on your browser.
What’s more is that this shady redirect may also establish connection with several different hosts. As you can see, your browsing won’t be safe unless you remove Ratenwilbet.info Redirect and the adware that’s causing it.
Note that the longer you put off removing the adware behind Ratenwilbet.info Redirect, it will affect the performance of your browser as well as the overall performance of your computer. You might also notice installation of browser add-ons, toolbars, etc. Thus, you must not delay the removal of the adware that’s causing redirects to Ratenwilbet.info before it gets out of hand.
How does Ratenwilbet.info Redirect circulate the web?
Ratenwilbet.info Redirect circulate the web using shady ads. However, if you frequently get redirected to this dubious site, then it only means that there is an adware program installed in your computer. Adware programs are distributed in free software packages like freeware and shareware which are offered on free sharing sites. Along with other unwanted programs, it is added as one of the optional programs in free software packages. Installing this kind of package is kind of tricky as you could end up installing all the programs in the package including Ratenwilbet.info Redirect. If you don’t want any unwanted programs from sneaking into your computer, you must use the Custom or Advanced setup instead of the standard one.
You can get rid of Ratenwilbet.info Redirect from your browser and computer by following the removal instructions provided below as well as the advanced steps that follow.
Step 1: First, you have to close the browser infected with the browser redirect. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step 3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to Ratenwilbet.info Redirect or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Ratenwilbet.info.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 7: Next, hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the Ratenwilbet.info Redirect such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Step 10: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of this pesky browser redirect from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.