Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Bodlift.com Redirect? And how does it work?
Bodlift.com is yet another suspicious website that you can redirect to when you click sponsored contents online. Third party websites like Bodlift.com are mostly ad-supported so it’s full of pop-ups banners, in-link texts, and other annoying ads. It hijacks popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is one of those potentially unwanted programs that alter browsers’ settings without any consent from the users, so it is no surprise that is both an adware and a potentially unwanted program because of its behaviors. It can sneak its way into your computer bundled with freeware installers and downloaders you’ve obtained from free sharing sites.
Apart from the flooding of ads, Bodlift.com Redirect can also slow down your browsers’ performance because of the number of ads it displays as well as the constant redirects to suspicious sites. This adware also has the ability to spy on your online moves so that it can collect information about you. This is alarming for the information gathered is also shared with third parties. It can contain personal information like email address, IP address, passwords, search queries, browsing history and many more. If you let adware stay longer in your computer then you’ll be in more trouble than you already are. That’s why as soon as you notice its existence, you must remove it immediately.
Bodlift.com Redirect isn’t malicious but it could expose you to malicious threats that could damage your files and computer-like ransomware Trojans. As mentioned before, it can redirect you to suspicious site. Such suspicious site may contain harmful threats that could attach itself to your computer with just a single click. Needless to say, getting rid of Bodlift.com Redirect is a must and something you shouldn’t delay.
How does Bodlift.com Redirect travel the web?
Bodlift.com Redirect travel the web using several techniques. You can end up with this suspicious program when you click unsafe links which are usually associated with gaming, gambling, file-sharing sites and so on. Aside from that, you can also find this adware along with other programs combined into a package. This technique is called software bundling. So if you are not careful enough during the installation, then it wouldn’t be a surprise if you end up with this useless program. The Custom or Advanced installation must always be your chosen setup for you to remove other program in the bundle. That way, you can install only one program that you trust. And downloading the program directly from its official distribution site must be the first thing that you try instead of going directly to free sharing sites and make sure that the site is safe and legit as well.
Get rid of Bodlift.com Redirect from your browser and computer with the help of the instructions provided below.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected with Bodlift.com Redirect. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Bodlift.com Redirect and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Bodlift.com Redirect and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Bodlift.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Bodlift.com Redirect as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer and then empty the all the contents in Recycle Bin and afterwards.
Step 10: Now you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Bodlift.com Redirect using Advanced System Repair as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.