Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is CRITICAL ALERT – Automatic Disinfection Failed scam? And how does it work?
CRITICAL ALERT – Automatic Disinfection Failed scam is a new deceptive alert designed to trick users into thinking that an automatic disinfection had failed on their Windows computers and that only a Windows technician would be able to fix the problem. Scam alerts like this one are usually hosted on malicious websites where users can get redirected to inadvertently or when they click on some ads online. When you get redirected to a site that’s hosting the CRITICAL ALERT – Automatic Disinfection Failed scam, you will see the following message on your screen:
Automatic disinfection failed.
From now on, only a Windows technician is able to intervene and prevent data loss.
CONTACT THE Windows SUPPORT TO:
(Free and non-premium call)
Data loss can occur in 174 seconds if a Windows technician does not assist you in time”
If you see this fake error message, you might be alarmed since it contains a very alarming message. However, keep in mind that this is only a trick to get you to call a fake tech support number which is something you must not do as you would only end up talking to the crooks behind this scam. The crooks might only charge you for an unnecessary service or you might unknowingly grant them remote access to your computer which is worse.
Getting redirected to a webpage that displays CRITICAL ALERT – Automatic Disinfection Failed scam indicates that there might be an ad-supported program or adware, installed in your computer that’s been causing these adverts. And so it’s not enough to close the tab or the browser that’s showing this tech support scam but also to find that program responsible for the redirects and uninstall it.
How does CRITICAL ALERT – Automatic Disinfection Failed scam circulate the web?
You can get redirected to the website displaying the CRITICAL ALERT – Automatic Disinfection Failed scam when you click on ads online. However if you notice that you’ve been experiencing redirects to this scam quite often, then there might be some adware installed in your computer. Adware programs are distributed via software bundles so it might have gotten installed in your computer right after you install a software bundle so you have to look for the adware program behind this scam to put an end to it.
You need to follow the removal steps laid out below to get rid of CRITICAL ALERT – Automatic Disinfection Failed scam and the adware program installed in your computer.
Step 1: Close the tab or the browser displaying the CRITICAL ALERT – Automatic Disinfection Failed scam. However, if your browser is forced to go into full screen mode because of the fake alert, tap F11 in your keyboard to exit full screen mode.
Step 2: After that, try to close the browser manually. If you find it hard to do so, close the browser through the Task Manager.
Step 3: Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to launch the Task Manager.
Step 4: After opening the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it by clicking End task or End Process.
Step 5: Close the Task Manager and reset all the affected browsers to default.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 6: Tap the Win + R keys to open Run and then type in “appwiz.cpl” to open Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 7: From there, look for the adware program or any unfamiliar program that could be related to the CRITICAL ALERT – Automatic Disinfection Failed scam under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 8: Close the Control Panel and tap the Win + E keys to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for the adware installer like the software bundle it came with as well as other suspicious files and delete them.
Step 10: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain suspicious web URL.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 11: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 12: Close the File Explorer and empty your Recycle Bin.
To make sure that you’ve completely gotten rid of CRITICAL ALERT – Automatic Disinfection Failed scam as well as the adware program behind it, you need to use an efficient program like Restoro. To use it, follow the advanced steps below:
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.