Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Zfirst-news.com Redirect? And how does it work?
Zfirst-news.com Redirect is a new pesky browser redirect that will ask you to click on the Allow button of a dialog box to confirm that you are 18 years old and above to proceed browsing. However, you must not click on the allow button as you might only be redirected to an even more harmful website than Zfirst-news.com. Apart from being a browser redirect, Zfirst-news.com Redirect is also an unwanted program that can bring potential issues in your computer.
On the other hand, if you keep getting redirected to this shady website no matter how many times you have clicked on the Block button, then chances are, your computer is infected with some ad-supported program or adware. Adware programs are known to trigger not just redirects to tech support scams but also to malicious domains that display shady pop-ups like Zfirst-news.com Redirect. Redirecting you to suspicious sites is not the only thing that adware programs are capable of as it also delivers you with dozens of ads. In addition, it also tracks all your online activities in order to collect your information that may include your IP address, websites visited, browsing history, email address and other information, both personal and non-personal ones.
Closing the browser displaying the pop-up would only be a temporary fix. Thus, if you wish to fully eliminate the Zfirst-news.com Redirect, you must get down to the root cause of it which is the adware program installed in your computer.
How does Zfirst-news.com Redirect travel the web?
Zfirst-news.com Redirect circulate the web using malicious domains and you can get redirected into one if you click on some ads online. It is also possible that an ad-supported program is the one causing redirects to the domain where Zfirst-news.com Redirect is displayed. Adware programs are distributed as a part of freeware or shareware packages. If you want to secure your computer from unwanted programs, you have to use the Custom or Advanced setup every time you install any free software packages.
Follow the removal guide laid out below to get rid of Zfirst-news.com Redirect from your browser and computer as well as the ad-supported program that triggers it.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected with Zfirst-news.com Redirect. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Zfirst-news.com Redirect and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Zfirst-news.com Redirect and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Zfirst-news.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Zfirst-news.com Redirect as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Zfirst-news.com Redirect using Restoro as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.