Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Atsofunpar.info Redirect? And how does it work?
Atsofunpar.info is a suspicious website that displays a “Show notifications” pop-up message that asks you to subscribe to the notifications from this site and if you click on the Allow button (which is something you should not do), you will be seeing tons of pesky ads from Atsofunpar.info in every website you visit which is why it is referred to as Atsofunpar.info Redirect. This browser redirect can infect popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Opera.
Once this browser redirect is loaded in the browser, each time you browse the web, it will interrupt whatever you’re doing online in an attempt to fain permission for generating browser notifications. In other words, no matter what website you go to, this redirect will keep on popping up as well as the ads it generates like banners, pop-ups and in-text links. Apart from pesky ads, another alarming thing about this redirect is that it could be misused by hackers who want to gain access to your computer. As a result, you might not notice it downloading malicious code into the operating system which could allow the attackers to steal sensitive data, or install malware.
In addition, Atsofunpar.info Redirect can also spy on your activities online in order to collect browsing-related information like what websites you visit often, ads you’ve clicked, browsing history, search queries, and many more. The obtained data may be shared with third parties which could misuse those information.
How does Atsofunpar.info Redirect circulate the web?
Like most redirects, Atsofunpar.info Redirect circulates the web using misleading ads. However, if you keep getting redirected to Atsofunpar.info, then this only means that there is an adware program installed in your computer that triggers this browser redirect. Adware programs are commonly included in software bundles so if you recently installed one, then it’s probably the reason why you’re seeing Atsofunpar.info redirect every time you browse the web. To avoid installing adware or other unwanted programs, you must always opt for the Advanced or Custom setup when installing software bundles.
Refer to the removal instructions given below to delete Atsofunpar.info Redirect from your browser and computer.
Step 1: You need to close the browser infected with the Atsofunpar.info Redirect. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step 3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to Atsofunpar.info or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Atsofunpar.info.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 7: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the browser redirect such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of this browser redirect from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.