Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Quick Flight Tracker? And how does it function?
Quick Flight Tracker is a dubious program that functions as a browser extension. It is promoted as a tool pack that consists of quick access to flight information and search engine. It supposedly allows users to check live status of flights and other related data. It also offers quick links to several popular sites like Gmail, Yahoo, Facebook, YouTube and more. It may look like a useful program but don’t be fooled for it is categorized as a browser hijacker and PUP that can hijack the default settings of your browser and even computer.
Take note that the modifications applied by this browser hijacker to your browser aren’t that easy to reverse. In fact, it will be difficult for you to change them back to their original settings. This is one of the reasons why some users consider this program to be malicious even when it’s really not. However, even though it is not considered to be malicious by security experts, this browser hijacker is still not safe to use. Why? Simply because when you use it to search for some keywords or queries online, it will only give you modified and inaccurate results. Most of the results it displays are pop-ups, banners, in-text links and other sponsored contents. Some of the ads could even lead you to suspicious websites like sites that will ask you to answer some online survey or offer dubious free software or software update. Needless to say, using Traveldealscenter.co Redirect is pointless and even risky – risky in a way that you might put both your privacy and computer’s security in jeopardy as this browser hijacker can track all your online activities in order to record all the information you input online including your IP address, websites you often visit, browsing history and so much more.
How is Quick Flight Tracker distributed over the web?
Quick Flight Tracker was previously distributed in the Chrome Web Store but is no longer available at the time of writing. Although it could still spread via free sharing sites that offer free software packages known as software bundles. And to make sure that you don’t end up installing unwanted programs like Quick Flight Tracker, the next time you install any software bundles, make sure that you opt for the Advanced or Custom setup before you proceed with the installation.
Delete Quick Flight Tracker from your browser and computer with the help of the removal instructions laid out below.
Step 1: You need to flush the DNS cache first. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 2: Next, close the browser infected with Quick Flight Tracker but if you are unable to do so, you can close it via Task Manager. Tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager and from there, end the browser’s process.
Step 3: After that, restart your computer and then open all the browsers infected by Quick Flight Tracker. Reset all the affected browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 4: Next, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 5: From the list of programs installed, look for Quick Flight Tracker or any unfamiliar program that could be related to it under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 6: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Quick Flight Tracker.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the browser hijacker such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Once you’re done executing the given steps above, follow the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of Quick Flight Tracker as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.