Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Search.mysecurity.com Redirect? And how does it work?
Search.mysecurity.com is a browser extension that works as a search engine. It claims to help users browse the web securely by allowing them anonymity and keeping their browsing data safe. It also claims to improve the browsing experience of users and make it convenient by providing them with enhanced search results. Although it may seem useful, you need to be careful as Search.mysecurity.com Redirect is actually classified as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program as it causes unwanted and unauthorized changes in the settings of your browser. It mostly affects several browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and more.
If installed, Search.mysecurity.com Redirect will cause some issues on your browsing, although not necessarily dangerous but it’s definitely not something you should ignore which is why using it certainly not advised. Not only it could hijack the default settings of your browsers without permission but it could also redirect you to suspicious websites. Also bear in mind that like any other browser hijacker, Search.mysecurity.com Redirect can monitor and track all your browsing activities to collect information such as:
- Your search queries
- The type of browser you’re using
- Language of your browser
- OS version
- IP address
- Date and time of your searches
- Cookies and related Data
- Other Information (including such personal ones)
Even though Search.mysecurity.com Redirect is more intrusive than dangerous, this hijacker would absolutely ruin your browsing experience and can even cause harm to your sensitive data and computer’s security. Therefore you should not waste your time and erase Search.mysecurity.com Redirect from your computer.
How is Search.mysecurity.com Redirect distributed over the web?
Delete Search.mysecurity.com from your browser and computer by following the removal instructions prepared below.
Step 1: Start by opening the Task Manager by simply pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for dubious processes that could be related to Search.mysecurity.com and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: Look for any suspicious program that could be the one that triggers the Search.mysecurity.com and then Uninstall it.
Step 5: Close all the browsers affected by Search.mysecurity.com. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 6: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step 7: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Search.mysecurity.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 8: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Search.mysecurity.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 9: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 10: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Search.mysecurity.com and delete it/them.
Step 11: Close the File Explorer.
Step 12: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Step 13: Afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Search.mysecurity.com using Advanced System Repair as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.