Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Bodloster.com Redirect? And how does it function?
Bodloster.com is an unsafe and suspicious domain of a browser redirect that loads into your browser without your permission. It displays a message that says, “Will you allow 96.bodloster.com to send notifications?” and urges you to click the “Allow Notifications” button that supposedly allows you to watch some kind of entertaining content as well as subscribe notifications from the Bodloster.com website. However, once you click on “Allow Notifications”, you will start seeing unwanted ads such as pop-ups, banners, in-text links, and other ads the affiliated sites of Bodloster.com. This is why aside from being a browser redirect, security experts tagged Bodloster.com potentially unwanted program.
No matter what website you visit, you will be bombarded with tons of sponsored content even when you are not actively browsing. This can get annoying especially when you are working on something but can’t focus due to the never-ending appearance of ads. Aside from pesky ads, this browser redirect can also track all your activities online to obtain your browsing data like the ads you’ve clicked, website you often visit, search queries, browsing history, IP address, browser type, and so on. The data obtained is then used to produce more customized and personalized contents.
If you keep getting redirected to Bodloster.com then it simply means that there is an ad-supported program installed in your computer that’s causing these redirects which means that closing the tab or your browser won’t fix it. In other words, as long as the adware is installed in your computer, you will keep experiencing redirects to Bodloster.com. So if you want to browse peacefully and secure your sensitive information, you must get rid of the Bodloster.com Redirect and the program that’s triggering it.
How does Bodloster.com Redirect circulate the internet?
Browser redirects like the Bodloster.com Redirect, circulates the web using misleading ads as well as adware programs. These adware programs are often found on free sharing sites being distributed as software bundles and in case you don’t know, this kind of software package contains not just one but two or more programs in it which means that when you install it, you could end up installing all the programs in the package. To prevent that from happening, you have to use the Custom or Advanced setup and not the standard one.
Erase Bodloster.com Redirect from your browsers and computer as well as the adware program that triggers it with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step 1: Start by opening the Task Manager by simply pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for dubious processes that could be related to Bodloster.com Redirect and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Close the Task Manager and then open the Program and Features section under Control Panel. To do so, tap the Win + R keys, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or tap Enter.
Step 4: Look for any suspicious program that could be the one that triggers the Bodloster.com Redirect and then Uninstall it.
Step 5: Close all the browsers affected by Bodloster.com Redirect. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 6: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step 7: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Bodloster.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 8: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Bodloster.com Redirect or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 9: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 10: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Bodloster.com Redirect Ads and delete it/them.
Step 11: Close the File Explorer.
Step 12: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Step 13: Afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Bodloster.com Redirect using Restoro as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.