Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Donaldredpage.icu Redirect? And how does it work?
Donaldredpage.icu is yet another shady website with questionable reputation that tricks you into subscribing to its push notifications by asking you to click on Allow to verify that you are not a robot. Apart from displaying push notifications, this site also triggers redirects to various shady websites which is why it is mostly called Donaldredpage.icu Redirect. Security experts categorized it as a browser redirect and a potentially unwanted program. Although it isn’t considered to be malicious, Donaldredpage.icu Redirect can still cause potential issues in your computer.
Apart from the annoying redirects that Donaldredpage.icu Redirect cause, it could also modify the settings of your browser. After these changes are made, all sorts of ads will began appearing – from pop-ups, in-text links to banners and many more. This will obviously ruin your browsing experience as most ads displayed Donaldredpage.icu Redirect are annoying and won’t just go away no matter how many times you try to close them. Some of the ads displayed can get misleading and could reroute you to suspicious websites that may contain harmful content.
Donaldredpage.icu Redirect is also known to monitor its users’ online activities, allowing it to collect browsing-related information like search queries, frequently visited websites, browser type, IP address, browsing history, and many more. The information obtained may be used and shared with its affiliated sites to deliver more advertisements.
As you can see, Donaldredpage.icu Redirect is not as harmless as it may seem and only brings potential harm to your computer. The best way to deal with browser hijackers like this one is by erasing them from your browser and computer.
How does Donaldredpage.icu Redirect travel the web?
Browser redirects like the Donaldredpage.icu Redirect travel the web using deceptive ads as well as adware programs. These adware programs are often found on free sharing sites being distributed as software bundles and in case you don’t know, this kind of software package contains not just one but two or more programs in it which means that when you install it, you could end up installing all the programs in the package. To prevent that from happening, you have to use the Custom or Advanced setup and not the standard one.
Refer to the removal instructions given below to erase Donaldredpage.icu Redirect from your browser and computer.
Step 1: You need to close the browser infected with the Donaldredpage.icu Redirect. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step 3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to Donaldredpage.icu or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Donaldredpage.icu.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 7: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the browser redirect such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of this browser redirect from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.