Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Fvideo.pro Redirect? And how does it work?
Fvideo.pro is a questionable website that you can get redirected to when you search for movies or any videos online. When you get rerouted to this site, it will display a pop-up message asking you to click on the Allow button so that you can stream the movie or video you are trying to watch online. However, once you click on the Allow button, the video won’t really play. What really happens is that it will stealthily alter some settings in your browser. As a result, you will experience constant redirect to this site each time you browse the web. This is why many users refer to it as Fvideo.pro Redirect.
Like pointed out earlier, you can get redirected to this shady site when you search for some movie streaming sites over the web. On the other hand, you can also get redirected to this site when there is an adware program installed in your computer. It is no secret that adware programs cause redirects to shady websites like Fvideo.pro Redirect. This means that even when you don’t seek out movie streaming sites, you can still end up on this site because of the ad-supported program in your computer.
The adware can also spy on all your online activities in order to collect your browsing-related information. The harvested data may be used and even shared with third parties to generate more personalized and customized sponsored contents. Bear in mind that not all the ads displayed by Fvideo.pro Redirect are legitimate as some of them can reroute you to other suspicious websites that might contain harmful or malicious content. So if you want to continue browsing peacefully without getting redirected to shady websites like Fvideo.pro Redirect, you must get rid of the adware program installed in your computer.
How does Fvideo.pro Redirect circulate the web?
Fvideo.pro Redirect circulate the web as one of the optional add-ons in software bundles like freeware and shareware that are distributed in free sharing sites or peer-to-peer networks. So if you are one of the users who often sought this kind of software package to score free software, you need to be careful as you could end up installing unwanted programs like Fvideo.pro Redirect. The next time you install any shareware or freeware, make sure that you use the Custom or Advanced setup instead of the usual quick setup.
Refer to the removal guide prepared below to erase Fvideo.pro Redirect as well as the adware program that’s causing it.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected with Fvideo.pro Redirect. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Fvideo.pro Redirect and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Fvideo.pro Redirect and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Fvideo.pro.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Fvideo.pro Redirect as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Fvideo.pro Redirect using Restoro as well as all of its related files.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.