Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Kissmanga Ads? And how does it work?
Kissmanga is a legitimate site and a well-known one that allows users to read all sorts of manga online. However, it appears that it has been exploited by some adware that injects tons of ads in it which is why it is dubbed as Kissmanga Ads.
The ads in Kissmanga might seem harmless on first look. However, you must not disregard them for the adware program that’s causing them could bring potential issues to your computer. For one, aside from bugging constantly with a bunch of ads, some of which can cover the content of the website you’re visiting, it could also redirect you to highly suspicious websites like the ones that convinces you to participate in a survey and ask your personal information as well as tech support scams that scares you into thinking that your computer is infected with some virus and then urges you to install some suspicious program or call a fake tech support number.
Moreover, the adware is also tracking all your online activities so it can collect various browsing-related data such as the ads you’ve clicked, websites you often visit, browsing the history, IP address and many more.
How do Kissmanga Ads circulate the web?
The adware behind Kissmanga Ads circulates the web in software bundles that are distributed on free sharing sites. It is added as one of the optional programs along with other adware or PUPs. And unless you select the recommended setup which is Advanced or Custom, you could end up installing all these unwanted programs in your computer. The next time you install this kind of software package, make sure you opt for the recommended setup instead of the quick one in order to prevent unwanted installation of adware and PUPs.
Get rid of Kissmanga Ads as well as the adware that triggers it from your browser and computer permanently by following the removal instructions provided below.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected by Kissmanga Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Kissmanga Ads and then right-click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Kissmanga Ads and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Verentinjec.info.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Kissmanga Ads as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Kissmanga Ads using Restoro as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.