Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is MyStreamingTab Redirect? And how does it function?
MyStreamingTab is a browser extension that supposedly allows users to stream videos, TV shows and movies online. Its interface contains quick access links to popular video streaming sites like YouTube, Netflix, and so on. Although this browser extension might seem useful, it’s really not. In fact, it is even classified as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program or PUP by security experts.
If installed, MyStreamingTab will modify the settings of the affected browser, affecting the default homepage, search engine and new tab page settings. As a result, you will frequently experience redirects to sites affiliated with this browser hijacker. This is why this browser hijacker is referred to as MyStreamingTab Redirects because of its tendency to redirect users to various websites. Apart from redirects, this browser hijacker also injects tons of advertisements in the browser like pop-ups, in-text links and banners. Some of these ads can be quite intrusive and may cover the content of the browser you’re visiting. This clearly diminishes your browsing experience. Not only that as this browser hijacker is also known to track your browsing activities in order to collect browsing-related data such as your browsing history, browser type, OS version, IP address, search queries, websites you’ve visited, and many more.
There’s no point in using MyStreamingTab as it poses risks not only to your computer but also to your sensitive information and besides, there are other trusted video streaming sites you can use instead of this unreliable site. Thus, the best thing you can do is to get rid of MyStreamingTab as soon as you can before it’s too late.
How is MyStreamingTab Redirect distributed over the web?
Like other browser hijackers, MyStreamingTab is distributed using free software packages known as software bundles. These software bundles are often found on free sharing sites. In these software bundles, MyStreamingTab is added as one of the extra components along with other browser hijackers and unwanted programs. To prevent installing such potentially dangerous programs, you must always opt for the Advanced or Custom setup when installing software bundles.
Refer to the removal instructions given below to delete MyStreamingTab Redirect from your browser and computer.
Step 1: You need to close the browser infected with the browser hijacker. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step 3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to MyStreamingTab Redirect or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain MyStreamingTab.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 7: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the browser hijacker such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of this browser hijacker from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.