Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Newstuber.me Redirect? And how does it work?
Newstuber.me Redirect is a questionable site which you can inadvertently visit while browsing the web. It displays a message that urges a user to click on the Allow button to verify that the user is not a robot. You must not click on the allow button as you might only be redirected to a harmful website. On the other hand, if you keep seeing this pop-up no matter how many times you have clicked on the Block button, then chances are, your computer is infected with some ad-supported program or adware. Adware programs are known to trigger not just redirects to tech support scams but also to malicious domains that display shady pop-ups like Newstuber.me Redirect. Redirecting you to suspicious sites is not the only thing that adware programs are capable of as it also delivers you with dozens of ads. In addition, it also tracks all your online activities in order to collect your information that may include your IP address, websites visited, browsing history, email address and other information, both personal and non-personal ones.
Closing the browser displaying the pop-up would only be a temporary fix. Thus, if you wish to fully eliminate the Newstuber.me Redirect, you must get down to the root cause of it which is the adware program installed in your computer.
How does Newstuber.me Redirect circulate the web?
The Newstuber.me Redirect may circulate the web via deceptive ads and rogue sites. It could also spread via software bundles distributed on free sharing sites. So when you just recently install some freeware or shareware, that’s most likely the time when the adware program is also installed in your computer. To avoid this kind of unwanted installation, from now on, you have to use the Advanced or Custom installation setup rather than the quick one.
Get rid of Newstuber.me Redirect from your browsers and computer as well as the adware program that triggers it with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected by Newstuber.me Redirect. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Newstuber.me Redirect and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Newstuber.me Redirect and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Newstuber.me Redirect.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Newstuber.me Redirect as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Newstuber.me Redirect using Advanced System Repair as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.