Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Robotcaptcha.info Redirect? And how does it work?
Robotcaptcha.info is a shady website which you can inadvertently visit when you click on some ads online or when there is an unwanted program installed in your computer that triggers the redirects. This is why some users often refer to it as Robotcaptcha.info Redirect or Robotcaptcha.info virus since no matter what they do, they always seem to find themselves getting redirected to this suspicious site.
The unwanted program that’s been causing redirects to Robotcaptcha.info modifies the default settings of your browser. This includes the default search provider, homepage and new tab URL. However, these changes made are done without your permission which explains why security experts tag Robotcaptcha.info as a browser redirect and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Aside from its hijacking ways, Robotcaptcha.info also bombards you with tons of ads like pop-ups, banners, in-text links, etc. Some of the ads displayed are not even legitimate and could redirect you to suspicious parts of the web not only that as it was also determined that Robotcaptcha.info could monitor its users’ activities in order to obtain information like the search queries, browsing history, IP address and many more. The information obtained is then used to produce more sponsored content. Thus, if you do not want to jeopardize your sensitive data and if you want to browse the web in peace, it is better if you get rid of Robotcaptcha.info Redirect as soon as possible.
How does Robotcaptcha.info Redirect circulate the web?
Robotcaptcha.info is distributed in free software packages like freeware and shareware which are offered on free sharing sites. Along with other unwanted programs, it is added as one of the optional programs in free software packages. Installing this kind of package is kind of tricky as you could end up installing all the programs in the package including Robotcaptcha.info Redirect. If you don’t want any unwanted programs from sneaking into your computer, you must use the Custom or Advanced setup instead of the standard one.
Step 1: You need to close the browser infected with the browser hijacker. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step 3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to Robotcaptcha.info Redirect or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Robotcaptcha.info Redirect.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 7: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the browser hijacker such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of this browser hijacker from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.