Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Sax.peakonspot.com? And how does it work?
Sax.peakonspot.com is a dubious website that is known to display different kinds of ads – from pop-ups, banners, in-text links as well as tech support scams. You can get redirected to this website when you click on some ads online. On the other hand, you can also inadvertently visit this site when there is an ad-supported program or adware, installed in your computer.
Most of the contents that Sax.peakonspot.com display are tech support scams – bogus alerts that aims to trick users into believing that their computer is infected with some malware and that they have to call a tech support number in order to fix it. So when you get redirected on this site and you see an alarming alert, you must ignore it and close the tab or the browser. And if you are unable to close the browser, you have to end the browser’s process in the Task Manager. Note that this is only a temporary solution and if you pay no attention to this issue, it will affect the performance of your browser. Thus, you must remove the adware program that’s been causing redirects to this suspiciou website.
How does Sax.peakonspot.com circulate the internet?
Shady websites like Sax.peakonspot.com circulates the internet using misleading ads and oftentimes, adware programs. Adware programs are distributed on free sharing sites. They are packed with other unwanted programs in free software packages known as freeware and shareware, or simply, software bundles. Although these programs are free, installing them can be quite tricky. This is why you have to always use the Custom or Advanced setup when installing them to avoid installing unwanted programs.
Get rid of Sax.peakonspot.com from your browsers and computer with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected by Ads by Aura. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Sax.peakonspot.com and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Sax.peakonspot.com and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Sax.peakonspot.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Sax.peakonspot.com as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Sax.peakonspot.comadware using Advanced System Repair as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.