Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is ClickForSale Ads? And how does it work?
ClickForSale Ads is an annoying group of pesky advertisements that can appear on any kind of web browser – be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and so on. Frequent encounter with ClickForSale Ads indicates that there is an adware installed in your computer that triggers these ads to pop up when you browse the web. This is why ClickForSale Ads is categorized as an adware and a PUP.
ClickForSale Ads can get pretty intrusive which is why some users often referred to it as “ClickForSale Ads virus”. Although not necessarily malicious, ClickForSale Ads can inject add-ons, browser extensions and toolbars on your browser as well as modify your browser’s settings by changing the default search engine, homepage and new tab page which is why not only is it an ad-supported program or adware but is also considered to be a browser hijacker as it hijacks the settings of the browsers without any permission from users. At first, these changes may seem insignificant and you might not notice the difference but you will though as time passes and you’ll only realize it when you are suddenly bombarded with dozens of advertisements that blocks the content of the websites you’re visiting.
What’s more is that ClickForSale Ads can also redirect you to several tech support scams – fake alerts that are created to scare users and make them think that their computer is infected with some virus and urge them to call a fake tech support number – thus, if you continue using ClickForSale Ads, you will only put your computer’s at risk as well as your privacy.
How does ClickForSale Ads travel the web?
Make sure to remove ClickForSale Ads from your browser and computer with the help of the removal guide provided below.
Step 1: Start by opening the Task Manager by simply pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for dubious processes that could be related to ClickForSale Ads and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: Look for any suspicious program that could be the one that triggers the ClickForSale Ads and then Uninstall it.
Step 5: Close all the browsers affected by ClickForSale Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 6: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step 7: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing ClickForSale Ads.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 8: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for ClickForSale Ads or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 9: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 10: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to ClickForSale Ads and delete it/them.
Step 11: Close the File Explorer.
Step 12: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Step 13: Afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of ClickForSale Ads using Advanced System Repair as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.