Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Krakragames.com Ads? And how does it work?
Krakragames.com Ads is yet another questionable online gaming platform that offers users with various online games to users. Each one of the games hosted in this site runs on Adobe Flash Player while some others run on HTML5 or do not load at all. Although this may seem like a fun and exciting online gaming platform, it’s not actually as good as it looks like since security experts categorize it as an ad-supported program or adware. Krakragames.com Ads will bombard your browsers with tons of advertisements like pop-ups, banners, and in-text links. These ads contain the following text:
- Advert from Krakragames.com
- Powered by Krakragames.com
- Ad by Krakragames.com
- Ads by Krakragames.com
- Brought to you by Krakragames.com
- Advertisement by Krakragames.com
These ads can get quite intrusive as some of them can cover the content of the website you are visiting which clearly diminishes your browsing experience. Some of these ads can also redirect you to suspicious websites that might contain harmful content. In addition, this ad-supported program can also reroute you to websites that hosts tech support scams or web pages that trick you into believing you’ve won some prize and that you have to provide personal information in order to claim the prize. As you can see, using Krakragames.com Ads is not safe and could only bring potential threats to your computer not to mention that it also poses risk to your privacy. Thus, the best thing you can do is to steer clear of this adware program. On the other hand, if you keep getting redirected to Krakragames.com then it means that there is some adware installed in your computer that causes these redirects. Therefore, to completely remove Krakragames.com Ads, you also have to remove the adware program installed.
How does Krakragames.com Ads circulate the web?
Krakragames.com Ads circulates the web using a commonly used distribution technique called software bundling. Adware programs are added as one of the optional programs in freeware and shareware packages. The thing about installing these kinds of packages is that it can get quite tricky as these optional programs are hidden unless you select the Custom or Advanced setup. However, if you opted for the quick or standard setup, then you’ll end up installing adware programs related to Krakragames.com Ads.
Follow the removal guide laid out below to remove Krakragames.com Ads from your browser and computer as well as the ad-supported program that triggers it.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected with Krakragames.com Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Krakragames.com Ads and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Krakragames.com Ads and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Krakragames.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Krakragames.com Ads as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Krakragames.com Ads using Advanced System Repair as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.