Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is QuickTemplateFinder Toolbar? And how does it work?
QuickTemplateFinder Toolbar is a browser toolbar that offers users access to customizable and printable templates from QuickTemplateFinder.com. This toolbar supposedly provides users with personalized and templates that are easy to use like templates for coupons, flyers, resume and many more. Although it may seem like a useful tool, QuickTemplateFinder Toolbar can’t be trusted as it is actually classified as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program.
Once this extension is installed, it will configure the default new tab URL setting of your Google Chrome browser to QuickTemplateFinder Toolbar or QuickTemplateFinder.com. As a result, the next time you browse the internet, you won’t have any choice but to use this dubious browser extension. As useful as this extension maybe, security experts thinks otherwise as it is actually a browser hijacker and a PUP. These classifications are not really surprising since its modifications in the settings of the browser are one of the traits of browser hijackers. Moreover, since the browser settings are modified, QuickTemplateFinder Toolbar Extension can manipulate your browsing. It will deliver you tons of ads, from pop-ups, banners to in-text links. These ads will appear no matter what website you’re into which ruins your browsing experience. In fact, some of these ads can redirect you to suspicious parts of the web that may contain harmful content. What’s more, is that it also keeps track of all your online activities in order to obtain browsing data. Thus, there is no point in keeping this browser hijacker installed on your computer.
How is QuickTemplateFinder Toolbar distributed over the web?
QuickTemplateFinder Toolbar is distributed in the Chrome Web Store and it also has its own official website where you can find it being distributed. However, that’s not the only way to spreads online as it was also found to be spreading in software bundles from free sharing sites or peer-to-peer sharing networks. This means that QuickTemplateFinder Toolbar can invade your computer without you knowing when you install any freeware or shareware package which is why it’s advised that you use the Advanced or Custom setup every time you install such packages as it allows you to uncover any extra components that might have been added in the package.
You can remove QuickTemplateFinder Toolbar from your browser and computer by following the removal instructions provided below as well as the advanced steps that follow.
Step 1: First, you have to close the browser infected with the browser hijacker. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right-click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step 3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to QuickTemplateFinder Toolbar or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain QuickTemplateFinder.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 7: Next, hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the QuickTemplateFinder Toolbar such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Step 10: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of this pesky browser hijacker from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.