Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Daily File Converter? And how does it function?
Daily File Converter is a program that works as a browser extension that claims to provide users with multiple benefits by allowing them to convert files from Word to PDF format, as well as other formats like .DOC, .JPG, .PNG and .XLS, merging them, splitting and editing of various file types. No matter how useful this program may be, it still does not change the fact that it is a adware and PUP. This dubious program can enter your system unnoticed and makes some unsolicited alterations to browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, leaving you with not much of a choice but to use it whenever you browse the web.
The Daily File Converter might seem like a legitimate program if you judge its looks but as mentioned, looks can really be deceiving for this program can’t be trusted and isn’t safe to use. If installed, it will configure your browser’s settings such as the new tab page and the search engine without your permission. This isn’t surprising anymore as this trait is common on adwares. Another annoying thing about this shady program is that after its installation, you will see various ads such as in-text links, pop-ups, banners and many more. Some of these ads are really misleading and could take you to unknown websites which might harm your computer. In addition, this adware also has the ability to track your activities over the web in order to obtain information like your browsing history, websites you often visit, search queries, and many more. The information obtained are then used to generate more ads that could definitely ruin your browsing experience.
How is Daily File Converter distributed over the web?
Daily File Converter is distributed on its official site at www.dailyfileconverter.co and the Chrome Web Store. In addition, it can also be found on free sharing sites as a part of software bundles. This means that even if you don’t install it, it could still get installed in your computer unknowingly when you install software bundles. If you don’t want that to happen, you must always opt for the Custom installation setup instead of the quick one.
Uninstall Daily File Converter from your browser and your computer successfully by using the instructions given below as a reference.
Step 1: You have to flush the DNS cache of your computer first. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and tap Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 2: After that, restart your computer and then open all the browsers infected by Daily File Converter. Reset all the affected browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 3: Next, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for Daily File Converter or any unfamiliar program that could be related to it under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Daily File Converter.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the adware such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: Empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of the Daily File Converter from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.