Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Nxt01.club? And how does it work?
Nxt01.club is a suspicious site promoted as a search engine. It is developed by a well-known developer who is also responsible for lots of “OxSearch” toolbars. It features a plain-looking interface but once you install it, it will install other browser toolbars, extensions and add-ons in your browser. Not only that as it also alters your browser’s default settings. It’s no wonder why it is categorized as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program that poses threat to your computer’s security. This browser hijacker can secretly get into your computer without you noticing. And once it does, it automatically alters your browsers’ settings. So don’t be surprised if you’re suddenly bombarded with pop-ups, banners, and other form of ads every time you browse the internet. Some of these ads may even lead you to other suspicious sites.
“QxSearch may collect two types of information: 1) Personal Information, and 2(Anonymous Information. Personal Information means information that may directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number. Anonymous Information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify you, such as the number of page views, link clicks, and login times. We may use both Personal and Anonymous Information to create Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information, is the grouping of Personal and Anonymous Information into groups and/or categories, which does not identify you directly or indirectly. Through you use of the Site we may collect the following Personal Information: you name; email address; information you provided in public forums and/or social networks; information you provided us including your device identifier or IP address when you use the Site.”
In addition to annoying the crap out of you with the ads it displays, Nxt01.club is also capable of monitoring all your browsing-related activities to gather personal information to deliver customized and personalized ads, making the possibility of you clicking them high. So if you value your security and privacy, it’s practical to get rid of Nxt01.club before you regret it.
How is Nxt01.club distributed over the web?
Nxt01.club spreads using software bundles. This technique is common among browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs so it isn’t surprising that Nxt01.club uses this as well. In all fairness, some of the programs in a software bundle are legitimate, but some of the programs added are also PUPs and browser hijackers, the hijack usually occurs when user install the bundle using only the Standard installation method instead of the suggested Advanced or Custom setup. This kind of setup is highly suggested for it allows users to remove extra programs in the bundle, preventing them from getting installed together with the legitimate program.
Uninstall Nxt01.club from your browser and computer by following the removal instructions prepared below.
Step 1: Start by opening the Task Manager by simply pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for dubious processes that could be related to Nxt01.club and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: Look for any suspicious program that could be the one that triggers the Nxt01.club and then Uninstall it.
Step 5: Close all the browsers affected by Nxt01.club. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 6: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step 7: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Nxt01.club.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 8: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Nxt01.club or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 9: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 10: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Nxt01.club and delete it/them.
Step 11: Close the File Explorer.
Step 12: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Step 13: Afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Nxt01.club using Advanced System Repair as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.