Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com? And how does it work?
Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com is a browser extension that allows users to test their internet speed and performance. On a first glance, Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com may seem like a legitimate and useful program, however, it actually belongs under the category of browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs. Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com is developed by Polarity Technologies Ltd. – a company known to develop browser hijackers and this hijacker is just one out of the many hijackers this company has spawned.
If installed, Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com will modify your browser’s settings forcing you to use it instead of your preferred home page and search provider so that every time you open your browser. One of the questionable traits of this hijacker is that it can track and monitor your entire internet browsing to collect your information which is shared with its affiliated third parties. All the bits of information are processed and summarized and then transferred to a remote server. After that, it is used to customize and display personalized ads so that it will increase the chances of you clicking those ads. Most of these ads are injected on the search results. In fact, most of the search results consist of ads instead of the relevant ones to what you’re really looking for. Beware though, for some of these ads can reroute you to harmful websites that may contain some malware and other threats. So if you really value your privacy that much and if you want to protect your computer from potential threats, then removing Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com from your computer should be done immediately.
How is Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com disseminated over the web?
Uninstall Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com by following the removal instructions provided below.
Step 1: Close the browser infected with Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com but if you are unable to do so, you can close it via Task Manager. Tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager and from there, end the browser’s process.
Step 2: Afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 3: After that, restart your computer and then open all the browsers infected by Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com. Reset all the affected browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 4: Next, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 5: From the list of programs installed, look for Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com or any unfamiliar program that could be related to it under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 6: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the browser hijacker such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer.
Step 10: Empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of Search.heasyspeedtestapp.com as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.