Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Scarab .iudgkwv ransomware? And how does it execute its attack?
Scarab .iudgkwv ransomware is the latest addition to the Scarab ransomware group. It follows the Scarab Hitler ransomware. Nothing much has changed in this new variant except for the extension used which is now .iudgkwv as well as the email address used by the attackers. It still uses the same pattern in its attack.
Once it drops its malicious payload (Initiatives) in the system, it begins to execute its attack. It starts by connecting the infected system to a remote C&C server controlled by the attackers. After establishing connection, it downloads several malicious files from the remote and puts them in different system folders. It then employs a data gathering module to obtain information about the user and the system. The obtained data is then used for the stealth protection module which shields the crypto-malware from any program installed in the computer that might interfere with its attack. Once all these modifications are applied, it then begins the encryption using the same encryption algorithm. After completing the encryption, it releases a file named “HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.txt” which contains the following ransom note:
“Your files are now encrypted!
Your personal identifier:
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC.
Now you should send us email with your personal identifier.
This email will be as confirmation you are ready to pay for decryption key.
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us.
After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Contact us using this email address:
Free decryption as guarantee!
Before paying you can send us up to 3 files for free decryption.
The total size of files must be less than 10Mb (non archived), and files should not contain
valuable information (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.).
How to obtain Bitcoins?
* The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click
‘Buy bitcoins’, and select the seller by payment method and price:
* Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
* Do not rename encrypted files.
* Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
* Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price
(they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.”
How does Scarab .iudgkwv ransomware proliferate?
Scarab .iudgkwv ransomware proliferates via spam emails the same as other Scarab variants. Crooks attach a file named “Initiatives” in emails and sends them to victims using spam bots. This is why you must not hastily open attachments from emails without double checking them first.
For the removal of Scarab .iudgkwv ransomware, follow the instructions given below.
Step 1: Tap the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys to open a menu and then expand the Shut down options which is right next to the power button.
Step 2: After that, tap and hold the Shift key and then click on Restart.
Step 3: And in the Troubleshoot menu that opens, click on the Advanced options and then go to the Startup settings.
Step 4: Click on Restart and tap F4 to select Safe Mode or tap F5 to select Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 5: After your PC has successfully rebooted, tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
Step 6: Go to the Processes tab and look for any suspicious-looking processes that could be related to Scarab .iudgkwv ransomware and then end their processes.
Step 7: Exit the Task Manager and open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 8: Look for suspicious programs that could be related to Scarab .iudgkwv ransomware and then uninstall them.
Step 9: Close Control Panel and tap Win + E keys to open File Explorer.
Step 10: Navigate to the following locations and look for the malicious components created by Scarab .iudgkwv ransomware like “HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.txt” and a file named “Initiatives” and make sure to delete them all.
- %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Step 11: Close the File Explorer.
Before you proceed to the next steps below, make sure that you are tech savvy enough to the point where you know exactly how to use and navigate your computer’s Registry. Keep in mind that any changes you make will highly impact your computer. To save you the trouble and time, you can just use Restoro this system tool is proven to be safe and excellent enough that hackers won’t be able to hack into it. But if you can manage Windows Registry well, then by all means go on to the next steps.
Step 12: Tap Win + R to open Run and then type in regedit in the field and tap enter to pull up Windows Registry.
Step 13: Navigate to the listed paths below and look for the registry keys and sub-keys created by Scarab .iudgkwv ransomware.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\
- HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\
Step 14: Delete the registry keys and sub-keys created by Scarab .iudgkwv ransomware.
Step 15: Close the Registry Editor and empty the contents of the Recycle .iudgkwv.
To ensure the removal of Scarab .iudgkwv ransomware from your system including the malicious components it has created on your system, follow the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now”button.