Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is EasyPackageTracker Toolbar? And how does it work?
EasyPackageTracker Toolbar is a toolbar that works on various browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and so on. This browser toolbar is presented as a tool that supposedly allows users to track packages or shipments online. Its homepage contains quick links to popular websites like Gmail, Yahoo, Facebook, YouTube, Amazon, and many more. It may seem like a useful tool to track your package online, however, it is actually a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program that could cause issues to your computer.
If you’ve decided to add EasyPackageTracker Toolbar on your browser, it will quickly replace the default settings in your browser without your consent. Take note that once the changes applied by this browser hijacker to your browser aren’t that simple to fix. In fact, it will be difficult for you to change them back to their original settings. This is one of the reasons why some users consider this program to be malicious even when it’s really not. However, even though it is not considered to be malicious by security experts, this browser hijacker is still not safe to use. Why? Simply because when you use it to search for some keywords or queries online, it will only give you modified and inaccurate results. Most of the results it displays are pop-ups, banners, in-text links and other sponsored contents. Some of the ads could even lead you to suspicious websites like sites that will ask you to answer some online survey or offer dubious free software or software update. Needless to say, using EasyPackageTracker Toolbar is pointless and even risky – risky in a way that you might put both your privacy and computer’s security in jeopardy as this browser hijacker can track all your online activities in order to record all the information you input online including your IP address, websites you often visit, browsing history and so much more.
How is EasyPackageTracker Toolbar distributed over the web?
EasyPackageTracker Toolbar, just like other typical browser, is bundled with other unwanted programs in free software packages found on free sharing sites, so even when you don’t install EasyPackageTracker Toolbar, you could still end up having it on your computer when you install software bundles – that is if you opt for the quick installation setup instead of the recommended Custom or Advanced setup.
Remove EasyPackageTracker Toolbar from your browser and your computer by using the instructions given below as a reference.
Step 1: You have to flush the DNS cache of your computer first. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and tap Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 2: After that, restart your computer and then open all the browsers infected by EasyPackageTracker Toolbar. Reset all the affected browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 3: Next, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for EasyPackageTracker Toolbar or any unfamiliar program that could be related to it under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain EasyPackageTracker Toolbar.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the browser hijacker such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: Empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of this browser hijacker from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.