Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Likewhoselife.info Redirect? And how does it work?
Likewhoselife.info is yet another annoying browser redirect which you can inadvertently visit when you browse the web. Just like most browser redirects, Likewhoselife.info displays a pop-up message that urges users to click the Allow button to “Show notifications” from this shady website. It also displays a video which can supposedly be played if the Allow button is clicked. However, don’t fall for such tricks as it’s only a ploy to inject your browser with a bunch of sponsored content as well as trigger redirects to other suspicious sites which is why Likewhoselife.info is also dubbed as “Likewhoselife.info Redirect”.
One of the noticeable features of this browser redirect is that it can open a new tab in an infected browser and redirect users to Likewhoselife.info website. Then after a couple of minutes, it will redirect users again to yet another sponsored content. According to researchers, Likewhoselife.info Redirect could also monitor users’ browsing activities so it can collect various information like ads clicked, websites visited often, IP address, browser version, OS version and so on. The information collected is used to generate more targeted and customized ads to lure users into clicking them. This kind of behavior is not uncommon for adware as this is where they get most of their profits. To simply put it, adware programs like Likewhoselife.info Redirect generate revenue at the expense of your security and privacy.
How does Likewhoselife.info Redirect circulate the web?
Likewhoselife.info Redirect is caused by the presence of an adware in the system Adware programs circulate the web using software bundles that are distributed on free sharing or peer-to-peer sites. Software bundles are often consists of a main program and extra components like adware. If you’re not careful enough, you could end up installing all the program attached in the bundle. To make sure this does not happen again, you need to use the Custom or Advanced setup during the installation process.
Refer to the removal instructions given below to remove Likewhoselife.info Redirect from your browser and computer.
Step 1: You need to close the browser infected with the Likewhoselife.info Redirect. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step 2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step 3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to Likewhoselife.info Redirect or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Likewhoselife.info Redirect.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step 7: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step 8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to the browser redirect such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step 10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Refer to the advanced instructions given below to ensure the removal of this browser redirect from your computer as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.