Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is MOXIGO.COM?
MOXIGO.COM is one of the browser hijackers category of virus.
Browser hijacker is a form of unwanted software that modifies a web browser’s settings without a user’s permission or knowledge, to inject unwanted ads into the user’s browser.
A MOXIGO.COM browser hijacker may simply change the existing home page, error page, or search page with its own.
How can I get infected with MOXIGO.COM virus?
All of the sudden, you noticed that it starts from unknown site MOXIGO.COM with ads. The advertisements was on every website you visit. It was unpleasant and annoying indeed so it is best to remove it immediately.
Common symptoms of Moxigo Search browser hijacker
- Moxigo Search hijacker modifies your default browser homepage, default search engine, new tab pages, bookmarks and browser settings
- Redirects multiple suspicious third-party websites
- Moxigo Search may modify browser security settings as well
- You’re getting pop-up ads or banner ads while surfing even on the trusted websites
- Moxigo Search may modify your browser shortcuts as well
- You cannot manually undo changes made by Moxigo Search
- Cause slowdown or even crush down
- Moxigo Search may disable browser updates and security
- You may notice suspicious browser toolbars, expansions or plug-ins
- You can’t open on some of legitimate programs (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office)
- Your Internet connection is slows down
- Unwanted free games can be installed on your computer without your permission and knowledge
- Sluggish PC performance, system errors and crushes
Potential sources of Moxigo Search threat
- “Bundling” to freeware or sharefree software that you get accidentally or out of curiousity, including video and audio converters, video players and video streaming programs, download helpers etc.
- Malicious browser expansions and toolbars
- Compromised or infected websites which offer different digital downloads or infect victims’ computers with malware and adware
- Fake alerts claiming that you need to update a software, Flash Player, Java, FLV Player or even your browser
- Malicious attachments and download links from unknown emails
- Downloads from P2P-networks, torrent-trackers and sharing resources
How to remove MOXIGO.COM?
Zemana Anti-Malware – Remove Adware from your computer and clean your browser
Download Zemana Anti-Malware Free (direct download)
- Launch the Zemana Anti-Malware install setup
- Follow instructions during setup
- Click Scan to start scanning your computer for malware
- Wait for the malware scan to finish, it takes about 5 minutes
- When the scan is finished the results show up, click Next to start the actual removal process
- The malware is removed, that’s it. Click Back to go to the main window.
MalwareBytes – Remove any malware and protect your computer
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple. Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC. Either way, you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
*According to OPSWAT, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.0 is the most popular security product installed by users.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (direct download)
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Perform a Threat Scan using the Scan Now button
If you find malware in your free scan consider upgrading to our PRO Version. The PRO version stops malware dead in its tracks, never allowing it to access your PC.
- Real-time active malware prevention engine blocks known threats
- Heuristic protection prevents new zero-day malware infections
- Malicious website protection blocks access to known and zero-day malicious web content
- Automatic priority updates and scheduled scanning
- Blazing fast flash scans