Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Pendor ransomware?
Pendor ransomware is a new malicious-encrypting threat discovered by MalwareHunterTeam. This ransomware demands $50 in exchange for the decryption key. It encodes .pnr extension on each targeted data, for instance, from image.jpg it now becomes image.jpg.pnr and then sets a red circle accompanied by an “x” symbol as the icon that represents the encrypted files. Following its encryption, Pendor creates malicious files like pendor.exe and READ_THIS_FILE_1.txt and places them on the desktop. Both of these files contains the same ransom message such as follows:
“If YOU SEE THIS TEXT, THEN YOUR FILES ARE ECNRYPTED!
Nobody can recover your files without our decryption service.
We guarantee that you can recover all your files.
All you need to do is submit the payment and purchase the decryption key.
Please follow the instruction:
- Send $50 worth of Bitcoin to following address:
- Send your PERSONAL ID and Bitcoin address:
— 1. To our TOR decryption service: hxxp://pendor4cys5ofnxh.onion/
— 2. To e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* If your already purchased your key, please enter “one” below
* If your need detail instruction, please enter “two” below
* If our TOR decryption service doesn`t work, please enter “three” below
* If your need text instruction, please enter “four” below
* If your need your PERSONAL ID, please enter “five” below.”
As of now, it isn’t known yet whether Pendor ransomware uses symmetric or asymmetric cryptography. So there is still a possibility that the encrypted files can be decrypted using their Shadow Volume copies. If you’re one of the users who have gotten their files encrypted by Pendor, then don’t make any rash decisions by paying the ransom money which is equivalent to $500-$1500. Cyber criminals can’t be trusted – that’s a given fact. You might only end up losing money in the process. the best way to deal with this is by removing the ransomware from the computer as soon as possible and perform file recovery alternative options.
How does Pendor ransomware spread its infection?
Pendor ransomware is still currently being analyzed but it is security experts believed that it proliferates using a well-known and one of the most used distribution technique which is malicious spam email campaigns. Usually, these crooks attach a zip file or a macro-enabled document responsible in launching the attack on the infected computer. To avoid such cases, it would be wise to keep distance from suspicious emails sent by unknown senders. Aside from that, you also have to avoid clicking suspicious links for it might only lead you to the malware that is Pendor ransomware.
Terminate Pendor ransomware by following the set of removal instructions below as well as the recovery option for the encrypted files.
Step 1: Tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manger.
Step 2: Once you’ve opened the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for Pendor’ processes which is pendor.exe and then end it.
Step 3: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: Look for Pendor ransomware or any suspicious program and then Uninstall it/them.
Step 5: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 6: Navigate to the following locations below and look for Pendor ransomware’s malicious components such as Pendor.exe and READ_THIS_FILE_1.txt and delete all of them.
Step 7: Close the File Explorer. Before you proceed to the next steps below, make sure that you are tech savvy enough to the point where you know exactly how to use and navigate your computer’s Registry. Keep in mind that any changes you make will highly impact your computer. To save you the trouble and time, you can just use PC Cleaner Pro, this system tool is proven to be safe and excellent enough that hackers won’t be able to hack into it. But if you can manage Windows Registry well, then by all means go on to the next steps.
Step 8: Tap Win + R to open Run and then type in regedit in the field and tap enter to pull up Windows Registry.
Step 9: Navigate to the following paths:
Step 10: Delete the registry keys and sub-keys created by Pendor ransomware.
Step 11: Close the Registry Editor and empty your Recycle Bin.
Try to recover your encrypted files using the Shadow Volume copies
Restoring your encrypted files using Windows’ Previous Versions feature will only be effective if Pendor ransomware hasn’t deleted the shadow copies of your files. But still, this is one of the best and free methods there is, so it’s definitely worth a shot.
To restore the encrypted file, right-click on it and select Properties, a new window will pop-up, then proceed to Previous Versions. It will load the file’s previous version before it was modified. After it loads, select any of the previous versions displayed on the list like the one in the illustration below. And then click the Restore button.
To make sure that nothing is left behind and that the Pendor is completely removed, use the following antivirus program. To use it, refer to the instructions below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in Apollolocker http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between Apollolocker and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Apollolocker. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch the program.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.