Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Chrome Security Warning? And how does it work?
Chrome Security Warning is yet another tech support scam that targets Google Chrome users. This browser-based tech support scam aims to trick users by pretending to be Google Chrome displaying a warning that claims that attackers are trying to install malware and steal users’ information. And that to prevent the so-called malware attack, users are urged to install a new application or call some tech support number (0800-046-5257) which is something that you must not do no matter what.
When you encounter this kind of tech support scam, it will display a red interface with the following message:
Error Code 022-023-251
Do not ignore this critical alert.
If you close this page, your PC access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network.
Your PC has alerted us that it has been infected with a virus and spyware. The following information is being stolen…
Credit Card Detail
Microsoft Account Login
Photos stored on this PC.
You must contact us immediately so that our engineers can walk you through the removal process over the phone. Please call Microsoft within the next 5 minutes to prevent your PC from being disabled.
Chrome Security Warning
Attackers currently on your browser might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, message and credit cards).”
To make it seem believable, Chrome Security Warning scam even uses some error code but don’t let that fool you as it is only part of its disguise. The website displaying this scam, as you can see, delivers a pop-up that tells you that your computer is about to be locked or disabled to prevent some so-called “damage to our network”. Remember that this is only a tech support scam and even if you look up the error code it uses, you will find that it is nonexistent and that it is used by the Chrome Security Warning scam.
How does Chrome Security Warning scam circulate the web?
You can get redirected to the site that displays the Chrome Security Warning scam when you click on an advertisement or sponsored content online. However, if you find yourself getting redirected to this tech support scam more often than not, then it is possible that your PC is infected with some adware. Adware programs circulate the web through software bundles where it is added as an optional component that is hidden in the package unless you use the Custom or Advanced setup when you install the package. So the next time that you install any free software packages, make sure that you do so use the recommended setup.
Refer to the guidelines given below to get rid of the Chrome Security Warning scam from your PC as well as the ad-supported program behind it.
Step 1: Tap F11 to exit if your browser is forced into full screen mode.
Step 2: After that, try to close the browser manually. If you find it hard to do so, close the browser through the Task Manager.
Step 3: Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to launch the Task Manager.
Step 5: Close the Task Manager and tap the Win + R keys to open Run and then type in appwiz.cpl to open Control Panel to uninstall the adware program behind the fake alert.
Step 6: Look for the adware program or any unfamiliar program under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 7: Close the Control Panel and tap the Win + E keys to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for the adware installer like the software bundle it came with as well as other suspicious files and delete them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer and empty your Recycle Bin.
Step 10: Reset all your browsers to default.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for suspicious browser extensions or any unwanted add-on, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
To make sure Chrome Security Warning scam is completely eliminated as well as the adware program behind it, follow the advanced steps below:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click the REMOVE ALL button.