Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Fastest Searches? And how does it function?
Fastest Searches is yet another browser extension developed by Polarity Technologies Ltd. It is presented as a browser extension that could help in enhancing users’ experience when browsing the internet by giving them improved search results the fastest way they can. However, as expected in browser extensions developed by this infamous company, it is actually classified as a browser hijacker as it hijacks the settings of the browser the instant it is installed. Meaning to say, if installed, it will make alterations in the default settings of the browser without any permission from users. Because of these changes, every time you browse the internet, you will experience tons of redirects to suspicious sites. Not only that, this browser hijacker could also flood your browser with dozens of intrusive ads. Some of them could cover the content of the website you’re visiting while others redirect you to an even more suspicious site.
In addition, Fastest Searches could also track all your activities over the web in order to harvest information from you. The information obtained may include some personal information like your email address, contact number, name, IP address, geo-location and many more. So not only does Fastest Searches ruin your browsing experience but it also puts your sensitive data at risk. Thus, you have to erase Fastest Searches from your computer before it causes an issue.
How are Fastest Searches distributed over the web?
Fastest Searches has its own website at hxxp://fastsearches[.]com where it is distributed. however, its official version is missing from the given website. it doesn’t take a genius to know that this browser hijacker is using other means to spread online. One of the most commonly used distribution methods is software bundling. Crooks attach their unwanted programs in this kind of software package as it is one of the easiest ways to sneak into a computer. To prevent any unwanted program from infiltrating your computer, you have to use the recommended installation setup which is Advanced or Custom.
You need to follow the removal instructions given below to successfully erase Fastest Searches from your computer.
Step 1: The first thing you have to do to get rid of Fastest Searches from your computer is to close all the affected browsers manually. If you find it hard to do so, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Once you’ve pulled up the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it.
Step 3: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Fastest Searches or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 5: Look for Fastest Searches among the list of installed programs and any other suspicious program could be affiliated to it and then Uninstall it.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files related to the browser hijacker and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Erasing Fastest Searches won’t be enough so you have to follow the advanced removal guide prepared below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now”button.