Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Search.heasyrecipesnow.com? And how does it function?
Search.heasyrecipesnow.com or Easy Recipes Now is offered as a program that supposedly provides access to thousands of recipes through quick links to Recipes Simplified, Food Network, Yummly, Epicurious and other similar cooking sites. Many users might be enticed to install this browser extension, especially the ones who love cooking and if you’re one of these users, you need to know that this program is actually categorized as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP).
If you install Search.heasyrecipesnow.com, it will immediately change all your browsers’ settings such as the default homepage, and new tab page making it so that every time you pull up your browser, you will have no choice but to use it. No wonder it belongs to the category of browser hijackers. It is also worth mentioning that this program is yet another product of Polarity Technologies Ltd. – a company known to develop browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs.
This unwanted program is designed to generate pay-per-click revenue to its developers by redirecting users to its affiliated third party websites. Also, upon using this extension, you will quickly notice the appearance of many sponsored contents as you browse the internet such as pop-ups, banners, in-text links, etc. If you think that these ads are harmless, well you’ve got another thinking coming as some these ads can reroute you to unsecured websites that may try to coax information from you. In addition, to increase its revenue, even more, Search.heasyrecipesnow.com also collects information from its users – information that includes your IP address, search queries, browsing history, websites you visit frequently and so on.
How does Search.heasyrecipesnow.com roam the web?
Search.heasyrecipesnow.com roams the web as an extra program in freeware and shareware bundles found on peer to peer sharing sites. This kind of distribution method is not uncommon for browser hijackers and unwanted programs so it isn’t so surprising that Search.heasyrecipesnow.com is also distributed this way – it is an advantage for its developers because users can unknowingly install this program since it is hidden under the Custom or Advanced setup which is why instead of opting for the quick setup, you must opt for the Custom or Advanced so you can discard any extra programs attached to the bundle.
Refer to the removal guide below to erase Search.heasyrecipesnow.com from your system.
Step 1: Tap the Win key + R to open Run and then type in “appwiz.cpl” in the field and click OK to open Control Panel and view the list of installed programs.
Step 2: From the list of installed programs, look for programs that could be related to Easy Recipes Now ads and then Uninstall it.
Step 3: Close Control Panel.
Step 4: Then close all the browsers infected with Easy Recipes Now. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 5: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step 6: After that, reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Search.heasyrecipesnow.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Easy Recipes Now ads and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer and empty Recycle Bin.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Easy Recipes Now as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.