Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
As you should know, printers need drivers. However, they are not always pre-installed in the system so when you attempt to install a printer, it will try to pick up drivers from Windows Update. For instance, you navigate to the location Settings app > Devices > Printers & Scanners > Add a printer or scanner – however, the system wasn’t able to find the printer. So you click the option “The printer that I want isn’t listed”. After that, a dialog box opens and when you select on “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings” – once you select this, it should generate a list of printers but you got the following message instead:
“Windows is updating the list of printers. This may take a few minutes.”
And if it fails to update the list of printers, an error box will appear stating:
“Windows was unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update”.
To fix this problem, refer to the following instructions given.
Note that you can run Windows Updates and try to load the list of drivers once again. However, if running the Windows Updates does not help, here’s what you can do:
Step 1: Try renaming the SoftwareDistribuition by right-clicking the Start button.
Step 2: After that, select the Command Prompt (administrator) option and make sure to type in the commands listed above.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop bits
- rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
- net start wuauserv
- net start bits
- Now proceed to the next step.
- Reset the Catroot2 folder
Step 3: Type the following command one after the other and tap Enter.
- net stop cryptsvc
- md %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old
- xcopy %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old /s
Step 4: After that, remove all the contents of the catroot2 folder.
Now you’ll have to open CMD and then type in the “net start cryptsvc” then tap Enter. Once you start the Windows Update again, you should now be able to reset once you fiu. Once you start the Windows Update again, you should now be able to reset
If you are facing other issues right now concerning your computer system which has been bothering you for quite some time now, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you can use. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For the complete set of instructions for downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using asr. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit Enter.
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, https://www.fixmypcfree.com/download.php?asr in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run asr to perform a full system scan.