Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
When you try to install the .NET Framework or IIS or other software and you suddenly got the error “Windows couldn’t complete the requested changes” – this article will show you what to do to fix it. This error has some accompanying error codes such as 0x800f081f, 0x800f0805, 0x80070422, 0x800f0922, 0x800f0906, etc. In majority of situations, this error message pops up when you try to install the .NET Framework which is required to run other programs or applications.
Why did you get this error?
You encounter this error when the related Group Policy setting is disabled. Take note that in the Home editions of Windows, the Group Policy is not available. To fix this problem, here are a few suggestions you could try.
Option #1 – Use the Group Policy Editor
- Tap Win + R keys to launch Run.
- Type in msc and tap Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor. (Or you could also simply search for “Group Policy” in your Taskbar search box if you are using Windows 10).
- Once you’ve pulled up the Local Group Policy Editor, go to the following path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System
- Once you have clicked on the System folder located on your left-hand side, double click on the Specify settings for optional component installation as well as the component repair setting located at the right side.
- It should be set to “Not Configured” by default. You have to select “Enabled” and then click the Apply button.
- After that, try to install the very same .NET Framework 3.5 on your PC. That should do it.
Option #2 – Try to use the DISM Tool
DISM also known as Deployment Image Servicing and Management, is a command-line tool that helps you in several cases. For instance, it helps you fix Windows Update system files that are corrupted, helps you repair Windows System Image in Windows 10, etc.
To use the DISM Tool, follow these steps:
- Tap Win + R keys to launch Run.
- Type in cmd and tap Enter to open Command Prompt with administrator privileges or you could also search for cmd in the Taskbar search box, right click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as administrator
- After opening the Command Prompt as admin, type in or simply copy and paste the following command:
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:[drive_letter]:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
Note: do not forget to put your drive letter with your system drive or installation media drive.
After completing the steps given above, try to reinstall the same on your PC. However, if nothing works, there is a one-click solution you could check out. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOSscreen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Optionuse the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Boxwill show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch PC Cleaner Pro.
- Run the program and click the Click to Start Scanbutton to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click FIX ALL.