Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Moviesearchcenter.com? And how does it function?
Moviesearchcenter.com is a dubious browser extension that changes the default home page and new tab page of your browser. This program claims to help users in finding the latest news about movies online straight to the users’ browsers. On its interface, you can see a couple of quick links to popular sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, YouTube, Yahoo and more.
If you are a movie enthusiast, you might be enticed into installing this program. However, do not disregard the fact that Moviesearchcenter.com is dubbed as a potentially unwanted program and a browser hijacker because of how it can enter a system without a user knowing and the way it alters the settings of all the browsers.
According to researchers, Moviesearchcenter.com is closely related to FlixTab Movie Center browser extension that could be obtained from the Chrome Web Store. This extension just like Moviesearchcenter.com also belongs under the categories of PUPs and browser hijackers. Once you use Moviesearchcenter.com, you will notice sudden appearance of many ads. Some of these ads could even reroute users to suspicious websites that could potentially harm the computer or jeopardize a user’s privacy.
In addition, this hijacker also has the ability to collect information from users. Such information involves a computer’s IP address, search queries, browsing history and many more. The information it gather are used and even shared with third party affiliates to generate more customized and personalized ads to increase the revenue of the developers of Moviesearchcenter.com.
How is Moviesearchcenter.com distributed over the web?
Like mentioned, you can find this suspicious browser extension in the Chrome Web Store. Apparently, that isn’t the only place you can find Moviesearchcenter.com as it was also found spreading using software bundles. When installing software bundles, you must always select the Custom or Advanced setting so you can remove any extra programs added in the bundle.
Get rid of Moviesearchcenter.com easily with the help of the removal instructions prepared below.
Step 1: The first thing you have to do to get rid of Moviesearchcenter.com from your computer is to close all the affected browsers manually. If you find it hard to do so, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: After opening the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it.
Step 3: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 5: Look for Moviesearchcenter.com among the list of installed programs and any other suspicious program could be affiliated to it and then Uninstall it.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files related to Moviesearchcenter.com and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: Empty the Recycle Bin.
You have to ensure that Moviesearchcenter.com is completely removed from your computer, along with the files it has created and you can do that by following the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOSscreen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Optionuse the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Boxwill show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.