Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
The Ruby Ransomware is an encryption Trojan that is used to extort innocent users by getting their financial information and taking over their computer’s system resources. Currently, Ruby Ransomware is under development and seems to still be in its testing phase.
Though its capability of encrypting files is not yet achievable, appending .ruby file extension can be a bother.
In the future, it can make files inaccessible and even, not recoverable.
Currently, this is programmed to display a dialog box with two buttons
Nevertheless, this ransomware should be taken seriously and must be removed from the computer once noticed.
How to remove Ruby Ransomware
- Right-click on the Task bar and select Task Manager.
- Open the tab where the description column is visible and find a process with the description ruby.
- Right-click on the process and open the folder associated with the process. Delete those files.
- Press Win+R and type in %TEMP%. Click OK.
- Delete recently downloaded files that may be related to the Ruby ransomware.
- Check the Downloads folder for suspicious files.
- Delete questionable files from the desktop.
Virus Removal Instructions
These instructions indicate how to get rid of Ruby Ransomware automatically. The instructions need to be applied on the infected computer.
- Turn the infected computer on. If it is turned on, restart it.
- When BIOS screen disappears after the reboot, tap F8 key repeatedly. Advanced Options menu will show up. If Windows logo appears, reboot the PC and try pressing F8 again.
- When you access Advanced Options menu, use arrow keys to navigate and choose Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter to access the mode.
- Wait for Windows to load Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold the Windows key and then press R
- If you have pressed both keys correctly, Windows Run Box will pop up.
- Type the following into the Open box:
explorer http://www.spyware-techie.com/removalNote, that there has to be a single space gap in between iexplore and http. Click OK.
- Internet Explorer will open and a download dialog bar will appear at the bottom of your screen. Click Run to begin the installation automatically once SpyHunter is downloaded.
- Click OK if your system asks whether you want to run SpyHunter software.
- Run SpyHunter and perform a full system scan.
- Once all the malicious infections are detected, click Fix Threats. SpyHunter will ask you to register the software.
- By registering SpyHunter you will also be able to protect your computer from other potential threats. Once you have registered the program, the malware will be removed. Reboot your PC.
- Try minimizing your visits to unknown pages since most malwares lurk in websites with adult content or gaming websites.
- Avoid installing software from unofficial sites. Better download files and torrents from reputable and trustworthy sources that have made their online presence known for some time.
- Use Custom installation each time you download a software, as it allows you to manually uncheck all of the unwanted components.
- Always have file backups ready.