Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Search.yourtransitinfonow.com? And how does it function?
Search.yourtransitinfonow.com, also known as Your Transit Info Now extension, is a new fraudulent search engine that claims to provide users with quick access to transit services. It functions as built-in toolbar in a browser which works for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and even Internet Explorer. Though this program may seem useful and convenient for users who often travel a lot, note that this program is actually a browser hijacker which is a potentially unwanted program.
If you install this browser extension, it performs several modifications to your browser – it will modify your browser’s default search engine, home page and even the new tab page. From there on, you will be redirected to Search.yourtransitinfonow.com every time you open your browser. According to researchers, if you try to type in some keyword and search it on the internet using this browser hijacker, it will only give you modified search results where it injects tons of sponsored contents that you’ll be confused which search result is actually related to the keyword you were looking for. It doesn’t end there as this hijacker will also constantly bombard you with various ads like pop-ups, banners, etc. instantly diminishing your browsing experience. In addition, letting this hijacker stay on your computer won’t also be good to your privacy as Search.yourtransitinfonow.com is found to be collecting information from its users which is shared with third parties and processed to generate even more sponsored contents. Although some of these sponsored contents might look interesting and useful, beware that some of them could lead you to unsafe web pages that might contain some malicious infection.
How does Search.yourtransitinfonow.com spread online?
Browser hijackers like Search.yourtransitinfonow.com are easily distributed using software bundles that are rampant on free sharing sites. This hijacker can sneak into your computer without you noticing as it spreads as an optional component in a software package online. These software packages are free which appeals to a lot of users as most of them prefer to install programs without having to pay for it. However, just like most too-good-to-be-true things, there’s always a catch. Such packages often contain extra programs that users won’t notice during the installation unless they opted for the Custom or Advanced setup but if they selected the standard setup, they end up installing all the programs in the package.
Use the removal guide below as a reference to get rid of Search.yourtransitinfonow.com from your computer.
Step1. Close all the browsers infected with Search.yourtransitinfonow.com. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step2. After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step3. Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Search.yourtransitinfonow.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step4. Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step5. Look for any suspicious program that is affiliated with Search.yourtransitinfonow.com and then Uninstall it.
Step6. Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step7. Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Search.yourtransitinfonow.com and delete it/them.
Step8. Close the File Explorer.
Step9. Empty your Recycle Bin.
To make sure that nothing is amiss and that Search.yourtransitinfonow.com is completely removed from your computer, follow the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.