Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is AnytimeAstrology Toolbar?
AnytimeAstrology Toolbar is advertised as a legitimate program that supposedly provides users with lots of astrology-related information. This is a browser extension compatible with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers. Based on its website, it is promoted as a tool that helps users understand “What do the stars have in store for you.” It claims to offer users daily, weekly, and monthly readings for the 12 star signs as well as readings for the Chinese zodiac. Despite its seemingly legitimate-looking interface, it does not change the fact that it is classified as a browser hijacker.
If you’re one of those people who are interested in astrology, such program might lure you into installing it. However, you should be aware that once you do, changes will be made to your browser. Take note that these changes are not good for your computer. If you made the mistake of installing this extension, you will grant this extension the following permissions:
- Read and change your data on websites that you visit;
- Read and modify your browsing history;
- Manage your downloads;
- Manage all your apps, extensions and themes.
How does AnytimeAstorology spread online?
You can find the installer of this browser hijacker on its official website. You can come across its website if you’ve clicked an advertisement online. Aside from that, researchers determined that you can also obtain this hijacker from software bundles scattered on free sharing sites. AnytimeAstorlogy is added as an extra program in the bundle together with legitimate programs. To make sure that you stir clear of unwanted programs when installing software bundles, always opt for the Advanced or Custom installation method instead of just the standard or quick one.
Follow the removal instructions below to get rid of AnytimeAstrology Toolbar.
Step 1: Remove AnytimeAstrology Toolbar from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for AnytimeAstrology Toolbar or any unwanted add-on, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 2: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 3: Look for any suspicious program that has something to do with AnytimeAstrology Toolbar and then Uninstall it.
Step 4: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 5: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to AnytimeAstrology Toolbar and delete it/them.
Step 6: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Follow the continued advanced steps below to ensure the removal of AnytimeAstrology Toolbar:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in Apollolocker http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between Apollolocker and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Apollolocker. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch the program.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.