Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Picpac.info? And how does it work?
How does Picpac.info get distributed?
Due to the vast number of sponsored domains, it won’t be so shocking if you get redirected to Picpac.info’s domain after visiting similar websites. So no wonder you have this on your computer. And besides, this search tool can also be attached to software bundles most users are so fond of downloading since they’re for free. Well, these days, it’s rare to get something for free without a catch. And in this case, the catch is a browser hijacker, Picpac.info. Needless to say, it would be wise to always go for the Custom or Advanced installation setting every time you install freeware. That way, you can uncheck or deselect extra programs from the package.
To remove Picpac.info, carefully follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Remove Picpac.info from your browsers by resetting them.
- Launch Google Chrome and open its menu by pressing Alt + F.
- Click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings located at the bottom part of the page.
- Click the Reset settings.
- And then click the Reset button.
- Start Mozilla Firefox.
- Press Alt + H .
- Find Refresh Firefox a t the top and click on this button.
- In the confirmation window, click Refresh Firefox again.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and click Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click Reset.
- Mark the box next to Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset.
Step 2: Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time.
Step 3: Go to the Processes tab and look for any suspicious processes.
Step 4: Right-click on the files, click Open File Location and then scan them using a reputable antivirus program such as SpyRemover Pro. After opening their folders, end their processes and delete their folders. If the virus scanner fails to detect something that you know is suspicious, don’t hesitate to delete it.
Step 5: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 6: Look for any suspicious program responsible for Picpac.info and then Uninstall it.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Go to the directories listed below and delete everything suspicious in it. Or other directories you might have saved the file related to Picpac.info.
Step 9: Look for any suspicious executable file that may be responsible for Picpac.info.
Step 10: Right-click on it and click Delete.
Step 11: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Follow the continued advanced steps below to ensure the removal of Picpac.info:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading SpyRemover Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register SpyRemover Pro to protect your computer from future threats.