Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading PC Cleaner Pro 2017 to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Search.hfastpackagetracker.co? And how does it behave?
Search.hfastpackagetracker.co is a search engine developed by Polarity Technologies Ltd. This company is known for developing browser hijackers and it’s no surprise that Search.hfastpackagetracker.co is also one. Most of the search tools created by this company contain quick links to Facebook, Gmail account, YouTube and Amazon shopping site. You could also see a link to a localized MyNewsWire portal accompanied by some new stories as well as Revcontent ads. And even though Revcontent advertising platform is legitimate, some of its ads can get really intrusive and can become bothersome while you browse the web.
All in all, despite its claims that it is a safe website, if you want to secure your privacy, having it and keeping it installed in your computer won’t be a good idea. Its excessive delivery of ads should be enough to remove this hijacker as it can only ruin your browsing experience.
How is Search.hfastpackagetracker.co distributed over the web?
Search.hfastpackagetracker.co has its own official website as other browsers of Polarity Technologies have. However, just like other search tools developed by this company, Search.hfastpackagetracker.co is found to be spreading as an additional download of software bundles on free sharing sites. Specifically, this search tool is added to software packages of file converter or audio tools. So when you install these kinds of packages, you have to do so with the Custom or Advanced setup. Additionally, it is also promoted on its affiliated websites.
Delete Search.hfastpackagetracker.co with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step 1: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Search.hfastpackagetracker.co or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 2: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 3: Look for any suspicious program that is affiliated with Search.hfastpackagetracker.co and then Uninstall it.
Step 4: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 5: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Search.hfastpackagetracker.co and delete it/them.
Step 6: Close the File Explorer.
Step 7: Empty your Recycle Bin.
To make sure that nothing is amiss and that Search.hfastpackagetracker.co is completely removed from your computer, follow the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOSscreen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Optionuse the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Boxwill show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.