Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Restoro to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Search.searchfecc.com? And how does it function?
Search.searchfecc.com is yet another questionable search engine by Polarity Technologies Ltd. It seems like this company have been busy lately as it has spawned new search engine – all of which are under the category of browser hijackers. Of course, as expected, Search.searchfecc.com also belongs to the same category.
This new search engine is also known as the “Fast Email Checker” extension that claims to enhance users’ browsing experience by giving them quick access to email and other social network accounts. Once you install this extension, it will hijack your browser’s settings by changing it’s default search provider and homepage. After the changes are made, it would be hard for you to set your browser back to its previous settings. This is because this hijacker made other changes on your system settings that make it hard for you to revert back to the previous settings of your browser – another reason why you shouldn’t take this browser hijacker lightly.
And when you try to use this search engine, it brings nothing but unreliable search results. In other words, it’s pretty much useless since the results are modified and are mostly composed of sponsored contents from third party sites affiliated with Search.searchfecc.com. You also have to be cautious in browsing the web while this hijacker is still installed on your system as some of the ads it displays could reroute you to highly suspicious websites that might contain harmful computer threats.
How does Search.searchfecc.com spread online?
Search.searchfecc.com has no official website where you can download it directly. Instead, it spreads using freeware and shareware packages where it is added as an extra program together with other unwanted programs as well. Software bundling is a common method used by companies like Polarity Technologies as they take advantage of the fact that a lot of users don’t pay enough attention during the installation of a package which results to unwanted programs like Search.searchfecc.com getting installed.
Delete Search.searchfecc.com from your computer before it can do any harm. How? Simply follow the steps below.
Step 1: Close all the browsers infected with Search.searchfecc.com. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step 3: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Search.hyourweatherinfonow.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 5: Look for any suspicious program that is affiliated with Search.searchfecc.com and then Uninstall it.
Step 6: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 7: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Search.searchfecc.com and delete it/them.
Step 8: Close the File Explorer.
Step 9: Empty your Recycle Bin.
Follow the advanced removal steps below to make sure that Search.searchfecc.com is removed from your system completely along with the files it has created.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialogue box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.