Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is Kuntzware Ransomware?
There are tons of malware nowadays including all sort of ransomware. The Kuntzware Ransomware is one. It is one of the newest ransomware-type infections detected by our expert malware researchers. It still seems to be a work in progress and the still in the development process because it crashes more often and does not encrypt a single file at the time of writing. Also, its server seems down too, but it does not mean that it cannot be fixed and become a prevalent infection sooner than you thought, so we want to warn you in advance. If this infection is ever updated by cyber criminals and manages to infect your computer, it will not miss an opportunity to lock your files and then ask money for the decryption keys. That is all ransomware infections do – they all share the same goal of monetize the decryption process.
Primarily, Kuntzware virus serves as the name of a file-encrypting threat. The name comes from Stefan Kuntz, a famous German footballer, so one can suspect that the ransomware was created by a German or simply a fan of this famous sports icon. However, the virus name does not live up with expectations as the malware happens to be poorly made or still working in progress.
Nonetheless, it does encode files and appends .kuntzware file extension and it seems that the malware employs AES-256 encryption technique as well. Apart from that, the modus operandi is undeveloped yet, so the virus crashes more often. It slightly resembles another recently emerged threat which is the Kryptonite virus. Even though it might not seems to be a dangerous threat, do not waste time and get rid of the Kuntzware immediately.
- Junk email attachments and shorten links
Free files hosting websites
Bundled with pirated copy of famous games or costly software and shareware
Via Adware like Dealply
Through Infected USB drives
Via hacked websites hosting malicious script
Thus, securing your computer is definitely a must. You must know that if you install a reliable Antimalware into your computer then your important files will be secure and safe. Even, those many viruses will not be able to pose risk to your privacy as well. More importantly, it would be best if you avoid oopening suspicious files or click unsafe links. As of now, we recommend you to get rid of Kuntzware Ransomware as soon as you are able.
Most of the viruses infiltrated the device either under the disguise of fake application or corrupted application and or through bundled technique. Usually, such type of malware often disguises under spam email attachments.
So it is a smart move to beware of the emails which contain invoice or package delivery file attachments. You should also be wary of fake lottery emails offering to claim your reward and the likes. The important thing to take not is that to pay vigilance and avoid making any rushed actions.
It is also essentially important to verify the sender of an email before extracting attached files. Note that some cyber felony techniques are so created that you may even receive a corrupted or fake Google Docs invitation. In order to prevent the cyber attack, Kuntzware hijacker or similar threat, it is smarter to invest and utilize the benefit from the combination of anti-virus and anti-malware utility. Thus, update them and run the scan on a regular basis.
How to manually remove Kuntzware ransomware?
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc and click Processes.
- Kill all suspicious processes that might be associated with the ransomware infection.
- Close Task Manager.
- Open the Windows Explorer by simultaneously tapping Alt+F on your keyboard.
- Open the following directories one after the other: %USERPROFILE%\Downloads, %USERPROFLE%\Desktop, %TEMP%, and %APPDATA%.
- Remove all suspicious files you find in these directories.
- Empty the Recycle bin.
In simple terms:
Kuntzware Ransomware is not the only ransomware infection you might encounter, there aere so many others, so you should not keep your system unprotected against these threats. Trust us; it is not difficult to ensure the system’s maximum protection – installing a reputable security application would be just enough. But if you decide not to do anything, a ransomware infection will sooner or later enter your computer again, and your data will be locked one more time and even worst might happen.
How to automatically remove the Kuntzware ransomware?
These instructions indicate how to get rid of Kuntzware Ransomware automatically. The instructions need to be applied on the infected computer.
- Turn the infected computer on. If it is turned on, restart it.
- When BIOS screen disappears after the reboot, tap F8 key repeatedly. Advanced Options menu will show up. If Windows logo appears, reboot the PC and try pressing F8 again.
- When you access Advanced Options menu, use arrow keys to navigate and choose Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter to access the mode.
4. Wait for Windows to load Safe Mode with Networking.
5.Press and hold the Windows key and then press R key.
6. If you have pressed both keys correctly, Windows Run Box will pop up.
7. Type the following into the Open box:
Note, that there has to be a single space gap in between iexplore and http. Click OK,
9. Click OK if your system asks whether you want to run SpyRemover Pro software.
10. Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
11. Once all the malicious infections are detected, click Fix Threats. SpyRemover Pro will ask you to register the software.
12. By registering SpyRemover Pro you will also be able to protect your computer from other potential threats. Once you have registered the program, the malware will be removed. Reboot your PC to fully implement the malware removal procedure.
Basic steps of SpyRemover Pro:
Step 1. Run SpyRemover Pro installer
Click on the .exe file that just downloaded in the lower right corner of your browser window.
Step 2. Click Yes
Click Yes to accept the User Account Control settings dialog.
Step 3. Foll0w setup instructions
Follow the instructions to get SpyRemover Pro set up on your computer and you will be good to go!