Malware may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. This may require tracking down dozens of files in different locations.
We recommend downloading Advanced System Repair to eradicate Malware for you (it should cut down the time to about 15 minutes).
What is launchpage.org?
The developers showcase the launchpage.org as an improved Internet search engine that supposedly enhances the Internet browsing experience by generating better search results, basing on its appearance alone, launchpage.org barely differs from Yahoo, Bing, Google, and other legitimate search engines. That is why many users believe that launchpage.org is also legitimate and useful site. However, this rogue site gathers and collects various information relating to users’ Internet browsing activity. Moreover, the developers promote launchpage.org via rogue download/installation set-ups that primarily changes web browser settings without permission.
Set-ups hijack the most commonly used or popular Inter browsers such as the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, and stealthily assigning the new tab URL, default search engine, and homepage options to launchpage.org. Set-ups later append this URL to the target of each browser shortcut. Thus, users are automatically redirected to launchpage.org once they open a browser/new browser tab or search through the URL bar. These redirections significantly diminish the Internet browsing experience. Sadly, users are unable to revert the changes since set-ups stealthily install a number of “helper objects” or simply the third party applications and/or browser plug-ins to automatically reassign browser settings when the user attempts to change them back. Therefore, returning browsers to their previous states becomes impossible. Additionally, these apps/add-ons and launchpage.org itself collect information and track users’ Internet browsing activity by continually recording various information such as IP addresses, URLs visited, pages viewed, search queries, and so on. The data collected is then later shared with or sold to third parties that are potentially, cyber criminals who misuse personal details to generate revenue. These information tracking activities can result in serious privacy issues or even identity theft. If you encounter unwanted redirects to launchpage.org, immediately get rid of all suspicious applications/browser plug-ins and never visit this site again.
How can launchpage.org sneakily installed on a computer?
The launchpage.org is promoted through rogue download/installation set-ups. This is basically a marketing method called “bundling”. Also the developers hide details of browser modifications within the “Custom” or “Advanced” options of the download/installation process, because they know that users often rush and skip this section so thereby inadvertently granting set-ups permission to modify various settings. So be aware that this behavior can lead to serious privacy issues and/or high-risk computer infections.
Prevention on inadvertently installation of potentially unwanted applications
There are two simple steps you should take to prevent accidental installation of PUPs. Firstly, don’t ever rush when downloading and installing a software. Always select the “Custom/Advanced” settings instead and closely analyze each step. Secondly, decline all offers to download/install additional applications and don’t allow set-ups to change options irrelevant to the installation.
Manual removal of Launchpage.org virus
How to remove Launchpage.org virus using Windows Control Panel
Many hijackers and adware like Launchpage.org virus install some of their components as regular windows programs as well as additional software. This part of malware can be uninstalled from Control Panel. To access it, do the following.
1.Start→Control Panel (older Windows) or press Windows Key→Search and enter Control Panel (Windows 8);
2. Choose Uninstall Program
3. Go through a list of programs and select entries related to Launchpage.org virus .
4. Click uninstall button.
5. In many cases anti-malware programs are better at detecting related parasites, thus I recommend installing SpyRemover Pro to identify other programs that might be a part of this infection.
Removing Launchpage.org virus from your browsers
- Right click on your browser icon. Choose Properties;
- Open Short cut tab.
- Delete Launchpage.org virus part from target field.
Top How To remove Launchpage.org virus from Google Chrome:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select More Tools→Extensions
- Select all malicious extensions and delete them.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon on a browser toolbar and Select Settings
- Select Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose Open blank page (you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
- If your homepage was changed, click on Chrome menu on the top right corner, select Settings. Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Set pages.
- Delete malicious search websites at a new Startup pages window by clicking “X” next to them.
How To remove Launchpage.org virus from Firefox:
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla window and select the “Add-ons” icon (Or press Ctrl+Shift+A on your keyboard).
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Launchpage.org virus related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe then you probably do not need it.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Firefox menu in the top right corner, select Options → General. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Restore to Default.
If you are still experiencing any issues related to Launchpage.org virus, reset the settings of your browser to its default settings.
- Click on the menu button on the top right corner of a Mozilla Firefox window. Click on the Help button.
- ChooseTroubleshooting Information on the Help menu.
- Click on theReset Firefox button.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button on the confirmation box. Mozilla Firefox will close and change the settings to default.
Top How to remove Launchpage.org virus virus from Internet Explorer
1. Click on the arrow on the right of the search box
2. Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on IE7 click Change search defaults.
- Remove the Launchpage.org virus from the list.
How to remove Launchpage.org virus from IE 11:
- Click on the Settings icon (top right) → Manage Addons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to Launchpage.org virus and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Select Search Providers.
- If any of these search providers is not available, follow “Find more search providers” in the bottom of the screen and install Google.
- Close the Options.
- If your homepage was changed, click on the Gear icon on the top right corner to open the Internet Explorer menu, select Internet options and choose General tab. Enter a preferable URL to the homepage field and click Apply.
How to automatically remove the Launchpage.org virus?
Basic steps of SpyRemover Pro:
Step 1. Run SpyRemover Pro installer
Click on the .exe file that just downloaded in the lower right corner of your browser window.
Step 2. Click Yes
Click Yes to accept the User Account Control settings dialog.
Step 3. Foll0w setup instructions
Follow the instructions to get SpyRemover Pro set up on your computer and you will be good to go!